Heart Rate Monitors, Polar, Fitbit, Apple... I'm confused!

Options
With the help of MFP and my Polar FT7 I lost nigh on 6 stone and I kept it off for years! Then life happened... Long story but things went backwards!

My Polar FT7 has died a horrible death so now I'm wondering... Do I replace the batteries and revive it or do I try to upgrade and get something new?

If I go for something that tracks sleep, will it have all the features that the Polar FT7 has? (I can't remember what it does have... That's another issue!) I'd also really like something that tracks number of steps but again... Not sure what I will forfeit if I go for something that tracks number of steps...

Looked for an online 'HRM Selector' (like one that helps you choose which dog to buy!!!) but found nothing that makes it that simple!

Any suggestions or thoughts as to what I should buy... even if it is just a battery replacement!!!?

Thanks!

Replies

• lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'd like some advice too. What exactly does fitbit do and how effective is it?
  • WideAgain
    WideAgain Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I started by taking a look at the Apple watch... It says 6.5 hours of charge during exercise... That worries me! (And it costs around £300!)
    So, not likely to be an Apple watch for me!

(Just reread that and sounds like I'm planning on exercising for longer than 6 hours at a time... I wish! What I mean is: If I wear the watch all day and then try to exercise it's likely to run out of charge!)
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I wear a Polar FT7 for HR when I bike. I wear a little Fitbit zip to count steps all day. A lot depends on what you want to track.