Couch to Half by June?

Options
2»

Replies

• maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You've got this, Girl! Proud of you for signing up and committing to do the half.
  • oremgirl1
    oremgirl1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Check out Hal Higdon's novice half-marathon training plan. It has a fairly gentle progression and the goal is to finish rather than worrying about time.

Time is not a concern for me in this. I just want to finish the race. I'll give this plan a look...thank you.
  • oremgirl1
    Options
    maureented wrote: »
    You've got this, Girl! Proud of you for signing up and committing to do the half.

Thank you!
  • oremgirl1
    Options

pondee629 wrote: »
    aggelikik

No one says that she'd be running the 5K in 30 minutes, just that by the end of the 8 week program, she'd be able to run a 5K. The program I suggested, also, has her getting to 5 K, from novice status, in 12 weeks, starting with 4 weeks to a mile. Say what you will. It worked for me when I was 60. Granted I ran in high school, college and USMC but it had been decades since. Started the mile program, did the 8 weeks to 5 K and got my 5K in just about 30. But it was a split time as my runs were 4.5, 4 miles in 44 minutes with a half mile walking cool down. If the program is followed, you'll get to 5K. I haven't tried the HM program, I top my runs at 6+miles.

Thanks again. I'm not looking to be doing 5k in thirty minutes right now. I think this sounds reasonable for the goals I have in mind. I'm not really expecting to qualify for the Olympics or anything