Help please

Does this app have an area where it projects how long it will take and what my weight should be if I stay on track of the diet

Replies

• ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Yes, when you click complete entry on your diary it gives you a 5 week prediction.

It's useless though.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    The NIH has one though. Try this: http://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-research-model-predicts-weight-varying-diet-exercise-changes

It's actually what got my started several years ago. I decided that it was going to take a lot less than I thought. It took me 7 months to lose - 2 weeks more than the model predicted. This one slows down as you get closer to goal and gives you an 'ideal' weight. Which is actually where I stopped (and was the same as my weight 30 years ago when I graduated from college).
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    ultrahoon wrote: »
    Yes, when you click complete entry on your diary it gives you a 5 week prediction.

It's useless though.

+1
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    There are also weight trend apps that will do this. I use Libra (for Android), but there are others like Happy Scale, Trendweight and more.

Libra looks at the weights you enter from your weigh-ins, projects a trend (so you can see your overall direction even if there are up/down day-to-day fluctuations) and estimates when you'll reach goal if that trend continues. I assume the others have similar functions.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Isn't that done when you select how much you want to lose per week? If you're accurate with your logging can't you just deduct from your current weight? 1lb per week = 4lbs per month etc.