Plateau

Options
Hi everyone!

I feel like I've been at the same weight for three weeks now despite working out and clean eating everyday! What should I do?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Are you using a food scale to weight ALL solid foods (even preprackaged portions)? Are you adding in exercise calories? Are you consuming all or some of these exercise calories?
  • olethas
    olethas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm consuming anywhere from 800-1200 calories per day. I try to excercise at least a hour per day on average.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,723 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Why are you eating so little even with exercise? How much does MFP tell you to eat? And it's not a plateau.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • olethas
    Options
    No, I'm not using a scale to weigh my foods nor am I adding in excercise calories.
  • olethas
    Options
    MFP states to consume 1200 calories. However, I need to lose more than two pounds a week in order to reach my weight lost goal in a few months.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    olethas wrote: »
    No, I'm not using a scale to weigh my foods nor am I adding in excercise calories.
    So you're not really sure your eating the correct amount of calories and you're not counting exercise calories.
    A classic "stall" for many is having a calorie deficit too high. The body readjust metabolic rate LOWER (at rest) so you burn just enough to sustain regular function. You burn the most percentage of body fat at rest, however if that metabolic rate is slower due to low calories, you may not be burning that much at rest.
    Trust the system. Input your information, go for 1lb a week weight loss and eat the necessary amount of calories. Less doesn't always mean faster weight loss.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• olethas
    Options
    Ok...sounds good. I lost eleven pounds the first week. It could have been mostly water weight.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    olethas wrote: »
    Ok...sounds good. I lost eleven pounds the first week. It could have been mostly water weight.
    Oh it was. If it was fat that would be 38,500 fat calories lost or burning 5500 calorie more a day ABOVE what your BMR is. And working out even 2 hours a day doesn't burn 5500 calories.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• olethas
    Options
    Thanks!