Meal replacement shakes; women

Options
2»

Replies

• fat2fitvegan
    fat2fitvegan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use soylent as a semi-primary source of food/nutrition. Essentially it's powdered food without a lot of fillers or additives or sugars, and I normally use it as 1000 calories a day and drink protein shakes pre/post workout. I still count my calories and log it, but it has helped me with cravings as well as improving my food choices because when I eat "real food," I want to choose either something nutritious or a small indulgence that I'll genuinely enjoy because it's not an everyday occurrence.
  • yepitsmiss
    yepitsmiss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink a HL shake in the morning and supplements to kickstart my metabolism especially since i was never a morning person. ..its really helped me
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    yepitsmiss wrote: »
    I drink a HL shake in the morning and supplements to kickstart my metabolism especially since i was never a morning person. ..its really helped me

Just an FYI, you don't need to 'kickstart' your metabolism. Your body is always burning calories and your metabolism doesn't stop, ever, until you die.
  • Stephanie3399
    Stephanie3399 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like advocare meal replacement shakes. If I am going to drink one it's usually in the morning for breakfast when I am low on time. However, I am definitely an advocate for using food for meals and not shakes if you can help it. I think everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for the next. I also think that everyone's reason for drinking them. :)
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology for breakfast. But it's also full of bunch of frozen fruit and yogurt.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    yepitsmiss wrote: »

Just an FYI, you don't need to 'kickstart' your metabolism. Your body is always burning calories and your metabolism doesn't stop, ever, until you die.

Exactly.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I find shakes made with protein, fruit and milk really useful for busy mornings when I run or go to the gym before work - I'm rarely hungry for about an hour or two after exercising but if I don't eat it can sometimes make my blood sugar go funny later on (if I can't eat until lunch). At least I know I've had something then. I make them the night before and leave them in the fridge. They range from 200-400 calories depending on what I chuck in them, and usually keep me full until about 10am-12pm.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    pineygirl wrote: »
    I have a Designer Whey protein shake for breakfast since I wake up crazy early (5am) and can't bother fixing myself breakfast that early. It works out to be about 200 calories and that and my morning coffee (around 100 calories) keeps me full until around 9am. Then I have a snack...then lunch around 12:30.

Breakfast is the only meal I "replace". Just because I've never been a breakfast person and I can't eat that early.
    Believe it or not, you don't HAVE to have breakfast if it's not your desire. It's perfectly okay to skip it if you feel you can make it till noon.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• megsendzik
    megsendzik Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a huge problem with portion control. Ive felt dreadful in the past month.I also never eat properly ever!! Plus I have a scedule that is just Crazzzy. So ive been a fast food junkie. But In the first week i already feel so much better. Ive cut regular sugar and soda out. Two shakes and one homemade meal with 3 small snacks! Ive lost 4 pounds in the first week. But i feel better. So that is the big plus side.
  • MyWeigh94
    MyWeigh94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I normal make a smoothie for lunch and or breakfast because it's easy and I find it filling. Mixed berries, mango, kale, avocado, whey protien powder, and a fiber powder. And water and ice.