Calories burned?

Options
Hey! So when I work out on my elliptical for 22 minutes, it says I burned 283.. But this app said way less... Which is more accurate? Also, if I work out right before bed and am not hungry, do I need to eat after? Or can I eat before, or skip it (once in a while...)?

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Go with the lower answer. You don't need to eat right after you work out. If you can go to sleep right after you workout, then go to sleep. You will be fine.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You don't need to refuel unless you do a long workout. Or have not eaten all day, of course, then you just need to eat!

Most machines and even MFP is optimistic

I use Garmin apps with a HRM. A bit closer

VivoActive is what I use now and it is normally 1/3 of MFP cycling and 2/3 of MFP for running based activities.

100 calories would be my max on an elliptical if I was killing it for 30 minutes. And I mean panting working out dripping sweat.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You do not need to eat after cardio unless it was a really long and hard workout. As far as calories burned machines give you an average answer, which is way of for most people. I usually use smaller amount just to be sure.
  • kittiemeoww
    kittiemeoww Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!