Snacks you can eat that don't make you feel guilty?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits your calories and macros.. no reason to feel guilty.

My snacks of choice are usually a cheese stick and fruit, or nuts and fruit. Sometimes I add some Greek yogurt if I'm too hungry.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Cow ice cream bars and treats, Shelia G's Brownie Brittle, and if I feel as if I may eat way to much of a snack I have greek yogurt. It satisfies that need for lots of food because it's think and creamy. I personally love the Fage brand the best.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Kale chips are actually really tasty. I've also taken to some dried tomato "chips" seasoned with oregano and red pepper flakes at the farmer's market.

Green tea with a small bit of honey is nice in the morning.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Lol, I finished off an 8oz Reece's Peanut Butter cup off in less than an hour. No guilt. I did have to scale back on dinner a bit, but hey it was worth it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty about anything I eat. It's all just food - a means to get my energy/calorie requirements. I choose not to demonize anything. So anything that fits into my calorie goal is what I don't feel guilty about.
  • appleg1rl
    appleg1rl Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I really like Combat Crunch bars, Kind bars, Quest protein chips, string cheese, or cashews as healthier snacks. I am a flexible dieter, so I will also eat things like a Fiber One cookie or Entenmann's mini muffins if I am craving them. Both are under 200 calories, but they don't have the best macros. It's all about balance. :)
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    All are roughly 100 calories or less:

Steamed mashed sweet potato (100g portion)
    Roasted cauliflower (1 cup)
    Greek yogurt with raspberries (half a cup of yogurt and 25g berries)
    Cottage cheese (quarter cup)
    Tinned sardines in olive oil (drained, about 30g)
    Caprese salad piece (mozzarella slice, tomato slice, basil leaf, aged balsamic)
    Baby carrots (100g)
    Hard boiled egg
    2 squares of 80 - 90% dark chocolate
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol, I finished off an 8oz Reece's Peanut Butter cup off in less than an hour. No guilt. I did have to scale back on dinner a bit, but hey it was worth it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You must not be eating at a deficit right now if you only need to scale back on dinner to fit that many calories in for a snack. 8 oz Reese's cup is almost all my calories for the day.

I love snacking and save calories for it so I don't go over my goal.

Here's my list:
    blueberries with 1 serving of CoolWhip
    Dannan Fit and Light yogurt
    Yoplait low calorie
    Pickles
    String cheese
    Laughing Cow cheese spread on celery
    Skinny Cow ice cream treats
    Grapes
    Apples
    Popcorn - I make it with oil - log it. Going to check out Skinny Popcorn
    Salad - I make one a couple of times a week and snack on it.

Will be making roasted chickpeas soon! Sounds delicious.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love snacking and I think my favorite other then Dannon light and fit greek yogurt is the Sargento Balanced breaks white cheddar cheese, cashews and raisins. So yummy and only 180 calories.
  • finadvisor
    finadvisor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Celery hearts with guacamole. Smoked salmon with guacamole or tahini. Whey protein powder [mocha] with coffee instead of water ... tastes like a yummy latte without the fat and sugar.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I forgot about raisins!! Adding to my grocery list. 1.5 ounces (a small box) is only 129 calories. Nature's candy.
  • finadvisor
    finadvisor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Also, I do IF, so I typically don't get hungry for snacks ... just eat my two meals a day during my allotted time frame and I am usually good. If I get hungry in between, it is the guac and celery or a handful of nuts.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Handful of nuts
    quick homemade protein bar: scoop of protein, big spoon of nut butter, chia seeds, rice crispies, 2T chopped nuts, mush together and divide into 4 portions
    Serving of stevia-sweetened greek yogurt
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just toss half a head of chopped iceberg lettuce with some low fat ranch dressing and real bacon bits. It's very satisfying.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

*jealous*
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm not really much of a "snacker", but usually if I have enough calories in my day, I'll incorporate a treat that I like to change up (yesterday was apple pie, a couple days ago was trail mix). I also like baking too.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I have cottage cheese or Chobani with fruit, pb&j,protein powder or jam usually.
    I will also do an apple or banana

I also done a can of progresso in a pinch e ones I like are about 100 calories
    Or oatmeal
    I'm currently eating !y way through !y food stores so myfood is about to get weird. Like cereal..I never eat it, but I have a few of those single serve boxes, Carnation instant breakfast, what??? Lol, and broccoli soup, little scared of this one. Plus a bunch of dips and nuts... All of which I rarely ever eat.

I'm gonna make pumpkin pie overnight oats toniht too. I hope they're good.
  • AdmireDeVoll
    AdmireDeVoll Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Any kind of fruit or vegetable i will eat. If i get the muchies which i often do i tell myself if im not willing to eat a fruit or vegetable then im not really hungry and its just cravings.
  • pookle21
    pookle21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    FiberOne bars and Cinammon Apple Straws!
  • dz9412
    dz9412 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is air-popped popcorn. I like it just plain, but at my house we also mix Braggs Aminos (like soy sauce, but thinner) with Frank's Red Hot sauce and do little tiny dips. Not for those who need to restrict sodium, but it's crazy delicious.