Cornbread of muffins!

kylielouttit
kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I have a HUGE craving for cornbread! Does anyone have any healthy recipes?

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    http://www.easybakingtips.com/

Best Cornbread Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup pastry flour
    1 cup cornmeal
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1 1/2 tablespoons honey
    1 egg
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then mix the flour, cornmeal and baking powder together in a medium sized bowl until the mixture has a yellowish tint to it.

2. In a seperate bowl of the same size, stir the egg, oil, honey, and milk until fluffy. Scoop the flour out of the first bowl into the bowl with the liquids.

3. Mix the flour in thoroughly until no flour chunks are visible and the mixture is light and fluffy. Oil a cake or brownie pan and pour the mixture in. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

4. When the cornbread is done it should be golden brown and when you peirce it in the middle with a fork if the fork comes clean then it’s done. If the fork comes out with dough on it, then it still needs to cook longer.

Found this one Googling just now, tons out there but most have tons of sugar, this one has a small amount of honey plus far healthier flour (beats the bleached white I was seeing) in it as well as healthier oil. They also have a basic recipe you can make and then add blueberries for muffins, and other add-ins. Worth checking out the link for ideas at the top of this post.:flowerforyou:

By cake pan/brownie pan I take it to mean 8x8 or 9x9 size is that what everyone's guess would be? The amount of ingredients doesn't seem near enough to stretch to make 13x9 so that's what I'm going to figure.:tongue:
This discussion has been closed.