Canadian, 45 and back at it ...again ;) Need easy-going, supportive yet non-nagging friends

Options
Erin2_U
Erin2_U Posts: 12 Member
edited December 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Had success on here a few years back. I have anxiety and food is my number, calmer, distraction - you name it. Life long battle but I won't give up. I have been fit and thin but not in a healthy way in the past...... Exercise it key to my success, it calms me and eating well ends up following. I understand diet etc.... It is my emotions that I am battle with. Cheers!

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Sorry...
  • westbayjane
    westbayjane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Erin,

I've just returned home to California from a year in West Africa, where due to the scarcity of meat, dairy, & alcohol, I lost 25 pounds and felt great. I've been home since Thanksgiving and have gained 10 back already. Gotta get back with an exercise program--Santa brought me a FitBit-type device--I'm the same as you, exercise helps my system want good food and releases stress that otherwise turns into chocolate cravings. MFP links with the vivofit I just got, but I don't know how to 'friend' people, but would also like to connect with mellow & motivating people. Happy New Year!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am an easy going non nagging friend ...you are more than welcome me .........wishing you the best :)
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Justine from England, I am 45 in a few weeks, I would like to lose about 70lbs. I am here to chat to if you would like.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I can always use Canadain Friends :) . From Southern Ontario.