Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What helped you today?

let us know, maybe it will help me or more!

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Same thing that helps me every day, my absolutely average willpower.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Staying focused, Man!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Deciding not to eat breakfast.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    My new mantra; commitment, strength
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Signing onto MFP :) staying consistent and doing the same things over and over and seeing the results.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Mycophilia wrote: »

truth.

also- sushi.

sushi helped me b/c without it I had no food- and therefor would have stabbed someone.
  • ivy6154
    ivy6154 Posts: 32 Member
    edited December 2015
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

it's so weird, normally I skip breakfast, but when I am counting calories I am always soooooooooo hungry in the morning! Had cereal with some dried cranberries and 2% and so far that is helping...My big challenge is at night..omg..I've been told go to bed early :( yeah, right, that's pretty impossible at the moment! Does anyone have something that works for 'nighttime" munching??????

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    ivy6154 wrote: »
    Does anyone have something that works for 'nighttime" munching??????

Get some fiber in! Or have a huge plate of veggies.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Today I replaced the Hershey kisses I've been having too many of lately with a measured serving of Chex Chocolate cereal. Not a big difference in calories but much more filling thanks to a little protein and fiber. Sweet and crunchy, I'm happy.
  • ivy6154
    ivy6154 Posts: 32 Member

Fiber, as in???? I've been eating carrots at night lately. I do like them but it's not a cookie :#

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 661 Member

it's so weird, normally I skip breakfast, but when I am counting calories I am always soooooooooo hungry in the morning! Had cereal with some dried cranberries and 2% and so far that is helping...My big challenge is at night..omg..I've been told go to bed early :( yeah, right, that's pretty impossible at the moment! Does anyone have something that works for 'nighttime" munching??????

Yesterday we ate dinner way early, 4pm. So I was ready to raid the entire kitchen by 7pm. I settled on a quaker thin mint granola bar (about 100 calories), 4 tortilla chips, and a big mug of hot tea. By the time I was finished with the tea I was satisfied.

My advice? Save some room for a late night low-cal snack. And if you just can't fathom going to bed without a snack then go for it, but choose something around 100 calories or so and drink a lot of water/tea with it. If you end up going 100-200 calories over your daily limit you'll be fine. You won't lose weight quite as fast, but you'll still lose. Don't torture yourself.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member

I'm a massive night time eater. I try to save calories for it, but sometimes I just cave and over eat. Other times, I'm smart & go to bed (really.) The breakfast thing - I usually like to eat something in the morning, but if I get past a certain time mid-morning without eating anything, I can coast easily to lunch. Even a late lunch.

So it's a win - because - more calories for night eating! >:)

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member

Fiber, as in???? I've been eating carrots at night lately. I do like them but it's not a cookie :#

Stuff that has a lot of fiber in it can have very little calories and be very filling for even a small amount. Like fiber cereal or something...
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I quit eating breakfast to have more calories in the evening. It was a fairly easy habit that only took about a week to establish. Drinking a lot and chewing gum tides me over until lunch. I'd much rather feel a little hungry in the am when I have lots of work to keep me occupied than to feel hungry in the evening when I have more idle time to deal with.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I quit eating breakfast to have more calories in the evening. It was a fairly easy habit that only took about a week to establish. Drinking a lot and chewing gum tides me over until lunch. I'd much rather feel a little hungry in the am when I have lots of work to keep me occupied than to feel hungry in the evening when I have more idle time to deal with.

I've worked 3 straight nights until midnight and am usually up until 1. May not work for everyone but, if you can sleep until 10:30 and then workout for half hour or so you only have an hour or so to lunch and you can easily manage that on water because exercise kind of suppresses my appetite. I had a hard boiled egg and am munching on cheerios and that's all i had up to 1pm today.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Staying focused, Man!
    moonfruity wrote: »
    Signing onto MFP :) staying consistent and doing the same things over and over and seeing the results.

These three things. Being back home, I see once again why I was overweight, and later obese, all my life. I'm so so glad that I planned out all of my meals and that I disciplined and mentally prepared myself for inevitable temptations. My family means well, but they are extremely ignorant about weight control, and thus, there is always calorie-dense food around, and they truly don't see why I can't just stuff my face as I did when I was heavy. I let myself overeat on December 25th and will again on January 1st, but in between those days, no, I cannot just keep eating past my daily calorie expenditure. That's what got me that 31 BMI in the first place! >.< It's taken deep willpower, this website, and my permanent resolve to take care of myself to not go overboard every day.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Getting up at 5am and getting in my cardio before work. Now I can go home and enjoy my kids tonight without worrying about getting in a 9pm workout once they are in bed. Instead I'll veg on the couch and watch one of my guilty pleasure reality TV shows. :)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    reading the comments on the MFP blog post about getting back on track after a cheat day or meal. some dude wrote a comment about their diet consisting only of milk. lol. it was obviously a troll but it was still funny. Laughter helps.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Some one game me a huge box of really good chocolates.... I work at a retirement home and I have shared them with the residents... otherwise that box and I would have had a lovely time together tonight on my couch.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Pre-logging my entire day. I know how many calories I have left (526) and can plan in a treat.