90 day WEIGHT GAIN

Options
roseamodeo4
roseamodeo4 Posts: 2 Member
Im 18 years old and have been underweight for about 3 years. I never really cared until the weight really started falling off and my mom made the comment that I was dissapearing, I decided that 2016 would be a year of gains for me. Im currently 4' 10" and 80 pounds give or take a few depending on the time of day. I am trying to gain 15 pounds by the end of 90 days through this challenge. I increased my calorie intake from 1500 to 1800 already and have seen no improvements in my weight. January 1, 2016 my intake will be 2000 and every 30 days I will increase it by 500. Feel free to share weight gaining tips or join me in this journey, sharing your gains every 30 days also. Any delicious high calorie packed smaller meals are really what im looking for since Im not hungry especially now that im eating plenty more than I was.
I have started drinking a protien shake every morning when I wake up also, any good supplements that will help me want to eat more?

Replies

• lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I don't have that problem or any advice, but I really hope you accomplish your goals!!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Im 18 years old and have been underweight for about 3 years. I never really cared until the weight really started falling off and my mom made the comment that I was dissapearing, I decided that 2016 would be a year of gains for me. Im currently 4' 10" and 80 pounds give or take a few depending on the time of day. I am trying to gain 15 pounds by the end of 90 days through this challenge. I increased my calorie intake from 1500 to 1800 already and have seen no improvements in my weight. January 1, 2016 my intake will be 2000 and every 30 days I will increase it by 500. Feel free to share weight gaining tips or join me in this journey, sharing your gains every 30 days also. Any delicious high calorie packed smaller meals are really what im looking for since Im not hungry especially now that im eating plenty more than I was.
    I have started drinking a protien shake every morning when I wake up also, any good supplements that will help me want to eat more?

I've watched a morning diet shows (supersize vs Superskinny comes to mind), and the super skinnies are put on 2,000 calorie meal plans. After 3 months, most gain between 3-6lbs, since it's apparently a lot slower to put on healthy weight than to take it off.
    So make sure you do your measurements because even when the scale didn't budge, they still gained a few inches.

Good luck.
  • roseamodeo4
    roseamodeo4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, its hard to eat enough to fill up the calories that im currently trying to reach. So I figured gradually increasing it would make it easier.
  • christierenea
    christierenea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would just make sure that your getting enough calories and that its good calories. It seems like you might have a fast metabolism too, my dad is the same way, very small and can't put weight on. He drinks Boost or Ensure for additional calories. Good luck.
  • NerineLuna
    NerineLuna Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you want a small high calories snack, things like nuts are awesome. A handful of cashews is a whole lot more calories than you might think!

Other than that, see if you can add in some things like chi seeds to a smoothy, or honey to your tea. You won't notice them much, but they'll add to your calories, while still being proper healthy food.