Buttless in Seattle

Options
I love my legs, but my butt is severely lacking.
I need exercise recommendations to give me some volume!
I prefer weight training exercises, but any suggestions are appreciated!
Thank you in advance :smiley:

Disclaimer: No, I do not live in Seattle.

ghe0gbd0fcs1.jpeg

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Squats, barbell hip thrusts... so many options.

Look up Bret Contreras. He's your guy.

*ETA: Strong Curves
    http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Curves-Womans-Building-Better/dp/1936608642
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Ha! Your title made me laugh. I too started with little booty. Though everyone swears by squats (and I do squat at least three times a week), I found the biggest change in my butt came from barbell hip thrusts, barbell weighted walking lunges and barbell step-ups.
  • legacybush
    legacybush Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Slow weight gain of about 0.5 lbs/week plus squats/deadlifts periodically throughout the week with progressive weight increase and you'll be golden!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Squats, barbell hip thrusts... so many options.

Look up Bret Contreras. He's your guy.

*ETA: Strong Curves
    http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Curves-Womans-Building-Better/dp/1936608642

^This this this
  • dwolfe1985
    dwolfe1985 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Deep squats work wonders
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Picture angle doesn't help your case, but what they said.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I love your MFP name. Jabroni. :)
  • JehTL
    JehTL Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lil John actually wrote a song exclusively for butt gains... Squats squats squats squats squats squats. Everybody!
  • chaines0145
    chaines0145 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I find that elevated split leg squats work wonders. I squat heavy several times a week, but only when I do the split leg squats do I feel the burn exclusively in my glutes. To do these, put one leg up on a bench and squat using just the leg on the ground (with dumbbells in your hand or barbell on your shoulders). Do theses along with normal squats and eat at a caloric surplus and you will have a booty Sir Mix-A-Lot would admire!
  • DaddieCat
    Options
    I find that elevated split leg squats work wonders. I squat heavy several times a week, but only when I do the split leg squats do I feel the burn exclusively in my glutes. To do these, put one leg up on a bench and squat using just the leg on the ground (with dumbbells in your hand or barbell on your shoulders). Do theses along with normal squats and eat at a caloric surplus and you will have a booty Sir Mix-A-Lot would admire!

This sounds like bulgarian split squats. Is that what you are referring to?
  • chaines0145
    chaines0145 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I suppose that is the technical term for them. They are a very good glute move! I am always so sore afterward!!! A trainer showed them to be when I first started lifting and since then I have had a love/hate relationship with them (love because they work, hate because I get so sore)!
  • DaddieCat
    Options
    They are a reasonably good glute move... but focus more on the quads than on anything else. Glutes are an accessory in that exercise, so not really optimal for glute development. But hey, that means you most likely have very strong quads if you are feeling it mostly in the glutes.
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Squat deep and with heavy weight and do dead dead lifts, lunges, and hip thrusts. Eat at a slight surplus (somewhere around 0.5 lb a week) and eat your proteins.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I came here because of the title of the thread :D Hilarious!

I'm going to suggest what others are suggesting, Strong Curves (and no, I'm not affiliated I just liked the name!)

edited to add: I was just about to friend request you but we're already friends here!
  • melissajabroni
    melissajabroni Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you so much, all! You guys rock! I'll follow up in a few months with a pic of my fine new booty :wink:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    the Brazilian butt workout is good.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    the Brazilian butt workout is good.

This! I got this myself: http://www.amazon.com/Brazil-Butt-Lift-DVD-Workout/dp/B00337MOMO

It worked really well. It has a workout for about 25 mins called Bum Bum and it was amazing!
  • allabouthegains
    allabouthegains Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just get on that squats and lunges game. Two of the biggest booty maker exercises
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Also want to plug Strong Lifts 5x5 bc all the squats plus deadlifts = booty gainz...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree Bret Contreras is ur man for the butt. Go to his web site and read all the advice for working ur butt. In my opinion, also use whey protein to help build those butt muscles.