Replies

• zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I play my instruments or workout.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    First, I'm usually able to let go of most things. ****ty day at work? I don't bring it home with me... I leave it at work. Kids driving me crazy? Step outside for a few minutes, take a deep breath, calm myself down, remind myself that they are in fact children, crisis averted.

If I can't let something go for whatever reason, I workout. I workout for a lot of other reasons too, but it's one of the best stress-busters I know of.

But when you have to return to the stuff again, you don't feel the same way all over again? Ability to let go of things and not emotionally rant, being part of the minority on a site in regard to the opposite gender, the 'guy code,' man I think I'm really missing out here..........

No, for the most part. Dudes can get in a damn knock-down, drag-out fist fight, and then be hanging out the next day. Once you've let it go, it's gone.

Seriously? Okay, going to aspire to this from now on. Really. :D

Oh ya, two guys get into it, they duke it out and everyone gets drinks after, the issue is over and the winner decides the outcome. Pretty much pack mentality, you fight for your issue if you lose and choose to stay with the pack you can't bring it up ( normally the issue gets dropped anyways because the realization by the group that it affects the group dynamic too much). The other option is to leave the pack to a new more accommodating pack.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Head to the gym!! I like to be positive and that's the image I image I want to convey here!! I don't like to bore people with my problems!!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Lift something heavy, run or kill some guys on a tv screen. Any of the above will help burn off the adrenaline and by the end, I'm no longer bothered. Ranting doesn't solve anything, and it just keeps me focused on the thing that's annoying me, so I rarely bother. If conversation can actually help a situation, I'm all for it, but prefer to wait until everyone has cooled down a bit.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Lift something heavy, run or kill some guys on a tv screen. Any of the above will help burn off the adrenaline and by the end, I'm no longer bothered. Ranting doesn't solve anything, and it just keeps me focused on the thing that's annoying me, so I rarely bother. If conversation can actually help a situation, I'm all for it, but prefer to wait until everyone has cooled down a bit.

Definitely getting some insightful feedback here. Thanks guys!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Oh and to answer the question, I don't have the right to bitlh and moan, some kid in Africa has to worry about hyenas when he goes for a number 2. I think whatever situation I'm in, it is not bad when compared to others.
  • xstarxdustx
    Options
    Oh and to answer the question, I don't have the right to bitlh and moan, some kid in Africa has to worry about hyenas when he goes for a number 2. I think whatever situation I'm in, it is not bad when compared to others.

Very valid point.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I love to go out for a ride on my horse when I'm stressed, definitely don't go riding often enough.
    Though my best de-stress technique is to go bull riding... Aint none on your life stressors running through your mind when your roping onto half a ton of angry beef.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    A good BJ usually does the trick for mine. He says it's the best stress reliever ever.... :huh:

yea I used to bring out the knee pad alot the first cpl years..now its my new years and his bday..nothin wrong with his hand.

The good old bait and switch, poor guy.

I keep telling my friends why get in an exclusive relationship where you stop getting all the things you want to get. A lot of marriages are like the mouse trap, you get pulled in with the cheese but there is no more cheese and then you die, lol.

Bahaha.
  • xstarxdustx
    Options
    I love to go out for a ride on my horse when I'm stressed, definitely don't go riding often enough.
    Though my best de-stress technique is to go bull riding... Aint none on your life stressors running through your mind when your roping onto half a ton of angry beef.

Now that sounds like something.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

Now that sounds like something.
    The bull riding is like nothing else I've ever experienced, from the moment your bull is run down the chutes, till you are outside the arena again, the only though in your mind is the ride and then your survival. It just sucks I'm getting older now and rodeo's are few and far between in West Aus :(
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    They jerk off..Ive heard
    Those that do only do it to your picture so I've heard.

that's fakkin creepy

I know!! Isnt it
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    A good BJ usually does the trick for mine. He says it's the best stress reliever ever.... :huh:

yea I used to bring out the knee pad alot the first cpl years..now its my new years and his bday..nothin wrong with his hand.

The good old bait and switch, poor guy.

I keep telling my friends why get in an exclusive relationship where you stop getting all the things you want to get. A lot of marriages are like the mouse trap, you get pulled in with the cheese but there is no more cheese and then you die, lol.

Haha..I was mostly kidding..BUT...all the women that say that nothing has changed after so many years, they are lieing!!!!!!
    When I met my husband I was young, kid free, and not much going on..today I have a house to keep clean, kids, pets, work, in laws etc...And you know what..he is not the same either..Things change, has nothing to do with marriage..its life!!
  • HouseWolf1960
    Options
    Nothing relieves my stress like locking the bedroom door and giving my wife a good tongue lashing. (the good kind) Takes everything else off my mind. Only problem is I believe she has started paying the kids to stress me out. She always has been good at spending money wisely.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    We just listen to one rant/vent/complain session from a woman and go 'man, I never want to be like that'.

LOVING this one.

I'm a girl and even I think that whenever I read most of those sessions.
  • xstarxdustx
    Options
    Any other takers?
  • felicityblu
    felicityblu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Nothing relieves my stress like locking the bedroom door and giving my wife a good tongue lashing. (the good kind) Takes everything else off my mind. Only problem is I believe she has started paying the kids to stress me out. She always has been good at spending money wisely.

ha ha love this!!! mite have to start paying my kids to annoy my hubby!! bahahaha