Looking for friends & friends who understand night shift.

Hi there I'd like to lose about 15-20lbs over a long period of time I'm hoping by June. I work the night shift and they are 12 hour long shifts. On my days off I just want to relax. I'm looking for positive motivating friends. Also people that understand working night shift and have good tips for fitness/nutrition while working those long night hours and being out of sync with a day time schedule. Thanks! :)

Replies

• osos85
    osos85 Posts: 28 Member
    I work rotating 12 hour shifts all year long, and from my experience working 5:30 pm to 5:30 am I go home and just sleep 4-5 hours then wake up to a healthy snack. Then make sure I work out at least 1-2 hours followed by a protein packed lunch. After that I still have time to take a 1-2 hour nap before going back to work. Throughout my shift I'll periodically eat good snacks and a salad for lunch. Works for me, good luck and there is plenty of support on here including myself.
  • qaiserelahi992
    qaiserelahi992 Posts: 121 Member
    Hi Jessica, Welcome to MFP, I am not into a night shift however I am from Dubai and the time zone is almost 10 hours ahead if that helps you in any form of motivation than please feel free to add me. Good luck on your weight loss.
  • mbryon
    mbryon Posts: 130 Member
    Move to Vegas :/ .… Seriously… You Got This! Happy New Year! :)
  • healthyashes
    healthyashes Posts: 2 Member
    I work 13 hour upnight shifts so I definitely feel your pain. It took me a long time (and quite a few pounds) to finally adjust. I'm in at 9pm and out at 10am. I'm usually up around 6pm every evening and have time for a relaxing cup of coffee, a workout, and a shower before I'm packing my bag and out the door to work. I prep work meals on my days off so I don't have to stress about it day of and usually pack a lunch and 2 snacks to take with me, back home by 10:30, sometimes I do a bit of yoga and grab dinner, sometimes I just head to bed and start the whole process over again. Luckily, I'm able to stay active at work so if I'm exhausted I don't feel too bad about going home and heading to bed.