getting and staying motivated to eat right and work out

Options
I have trouble staying motivated to do anything that will help me lose the weight I need to lose. I'm good right out of the gate. But I just can't stick with it.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Watch the video at the top of this thread.
    Enter your stats in MFP and log. If you eat too much, log; too little, log. Pretty soon it will become a habit that you can tweak to suit you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10303943/the-best-diet-heres-a-bit-of-sanity-for-those-new-year-resolutions#latest

Cheers, h.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to lose weight? I started because I was feeling so bad and tired all the time and knew I wasn't going to have much of a life until I got some of the weight off. I wasn't enthused about it, but I started logging and riding my stationary bike a little (couldn't do much for exercise to start). If you can stick with it long enough to feel the difference- a little more energy, fewer aches and pains, less indigestion, things like that- your motivation will build naturally. Don't try to overhaul your life in one big swoop. Eat foods you enjoy in proper portions so you won't feel deprived. Don't set your weekly weight loss goal too high. Keep your changes small and manageable. I was able to stick with it because ultimately it just didn't feel that hard. You can do the same :)
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    And I forgot- seek out active friends on here and read their diaries for ideas you can steal ;)
  • Hipchick0805
    Hipchick0805 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can relate but I am just going to remember how happy I was to have more energy and less aches and pains! We can do this!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. I hope this time you do! Find friends on here. Don't try to make too many changes at once. Log your food, stay in a deficit, eat things you like, be a bit active.