I can't maintain

Options
alright so to start off this thread;
In less than a year I dropped from 240-260 to 138-140 I am 6 foot I am incredibly happy of course seeing as a lot of my physical health problems have vanished. I now can't seem to stay in my weight range I keep going up no matter how much I eat I can't treat myself without feeling a massive amount of guilt along with it I went for all you can eat sushi today with a "screw it" mentality stuffed myself filled and now deeply regret it.

I'm not sure if I'm logging wrong but I tend to intentionally double all my intake now and can barely eat over 1.2k

I'm 19 and this is becoming more of an eating disorder

Replies

• Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    bpaxwiqr7zj2.jpg

It also doesn't help that I feel like I have a fat face and skinny body :(
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You should probably speak to a professional - call your doctor and/or see about talking to a therapist. 136 is the lower end of the healthy weight range for someone of your height. You may have some perception issues that a therapist can help with.

Please seek help - those of us on the forums will not be able to give you the exact guidance you need.

~Lyssa
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You are technically underweight at under 140.
    This place is dangerous for you. You need to shut it off for months until you gain weight. Therapists will tell people with eating disorders not to go to places like this.
    We all love you, but you need to eat without logging for a while.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This place is dangerous for you. You need to shut it off for months until you gain weight. Therapists will tell people with eating disorders not to go to places like this.

As much as I've denied help I know I need it
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Maqneta wrote: »

As much as I've denied help I know I need it

Then get it. Admitting get you need it won't do you any good until you do something about it.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. The sooner you get it the easier it will be. You want to be mentally and physically healthy and to be happy with who you are. It's a hard journey to take on your own. Get the help of a professional. You won't regret it.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep - don't eat sushi, unless you want parasites! ;0
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yes, as others have said, definitely seek the help you realize would be helpful for you. You do NOT have a fat face so that is probably just your own self-image/perception issue. It is also good to focus on being physically fit rather than the scale. Embrace a healthy lifestyle in all areas of your life. The amount you weight or how much body fat you have is only indirectly related to how physically fit and healthy you are and only in the extreme ranges. Fat, in and of itself, is actually not a bad think. We evolved over time with body fat being a way to store calories for times when food is scarce. Some studies show increased longevity when one is a little overweight.
  • KwonJiYong69
    KwonJiYong69 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I get where you're coming from; I lost alot of weight and I found myself happy at 46kg but then I started eating 1620cals (recommended for my height and weight to maintain) and I started gaining. I got up to 48kg and felt like poop. My boyfriend forces me to keep eating my goal though and after two weeks I'm at 47.3kg-ish.

Basically I think your body just keeps the food and you gain a lot of food weight - esp if you've been heavily restircing. But it doesn't last. So try and eat your maintanence recommended calories(or 200 below if you wanna keep it safe) I think you look very tiny and not any fat on you at all so please keep safe and healthy ~
  • ladybosie
    ladybosie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your dieting and exercise is more of an eating disorder than a health tool--you should see a therapist, because I know I'm 5'10" and I was thin at 150... Even if you technically fall within an acceptable BMI, the lower numbers on those charts usually aren't incredibly healthy.
  • midwalian
    midwalian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You haven't got a fat face!
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    be strong, add me if you need support, im going through something similar but focusing on eating more and hitting my goals is helping me, keep strong, you're beautiful <3