Sweating for the Wedding

Options

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I'd like to share my success story with you. I got married 11/15/15 to a wonderful man who has always made me feel desired and loved. I went dress shopping with my wedding party on 1/31/15 and had a great time and found a dress I loved that fit me, so I bought it right off the rack. In March I made the decision to start eating better and getting more exercise, I was in nursing school at the time and wanted to be able to handle long shifts on my feet and not hurt. As a result of a lot of hard work and some actual fun along the way I went from 254 in January to 217 in August. I tried on my wedding dress and it fell down to the floor as soon as I let it go. THIS WAS THE GREATEST FEELING!!!
    It also made me a little nervous since the wedding was still 3 months away.. I went to David's Bridal and they said they didn't think they could alter the gown and keep the shape and they didn't have that style in a smaller size. They did, however, allow me to exchange that dress toward the purchase of a new dress. I had an even better time shopping for the 2nd dress in my new, healthier body and mind. The second gown I found was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! I realized that the original dress was wearing me and that I was wearing this dress. I made the decision to maintain my weight, which I did (actually lost 1.5lbs.) so that I didn't have to have the dress altered. I felt sexy and beautiful and happy when I had it on. My husband was blown away when I walked down the aisle and he and I danced all day and had so much fun!

All I can say is have fun, enjoy yourself and be happy. For me, the weight loss helped me feel more like myself than the person I had been hiding behind for the past few years. I am really happy I was able to give that version of myself to my true love. Besides, who doesn't want to dance all day and not feel like their feet are falling off?

I love this story!!!! Thank you for sharing :) I am a bit worried that if I make a lot of changes they may not be able to alter the dress enough, but I know that if it comes down to getting another in the way you did, he won't be bothered if it's for my healthy and happy self :D

Also, congrats to you for doing such great work and for your happy wedding!

Thanks! My hubby said that if we need to replace the dress because I've lost weight and gotten healthier there is no better reason. I was really happy with David's Bridal and their customer service in this case.
  • nicolet19
    nicolet19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Does is count to be a bridesmaid in a wedding? :p

Same! I cannot go through another wedding of being the 'bigger' bridesmaid - determined for dress shopping to not be so stressful this time round.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    MKEgal thanks for those!!

Also, anyone here, feel free to add me!! I'd love to have more friends on MFP :)
  • Jenna__XoXo
    Jenna__XoXo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in February 2017! I haven't been dress shopping yet (trying to save some extra money first) but I want to lose between 20-40 pounds and get toned before the wedding. Anyone feel free to add me, I could use some accountability buddies!
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in February 2017! I haven't been dress shopping yet (trying to save some extra money first) but I want to lose between 20-40 pounds and get toned before the wedding. Anyone feel free to add me, I could use some accountability buddies!

Sent you a request :)
  • bonsai89
    bonsai89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I feel totally worse about myself after seeing a lot of you beautiful girls who are 70 pounds thinner than my wedding goal weight already... lol... BUT I'm getting married in October of this year and am hoping to lose 90-100 pounds which seems insane but I'm going for it anyway. Would love friends along the way and be able to post an awesome success story one day.

Please add me! Oh and if you're getting married in October, I'd love to know where you're having your ceremony! I'm trying to figure out where to have it since it will obviously be cold here in Seattle. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :) Good luck ladies!
  • hartjade16
    hartjade16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married until Oct 2017 but would still love to follow to see how you get on! I'm aiming for slow and steady seeing as it's soooooo far away and only a stone to lose!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    me, I've got about 10-15 lbs left.
    getting married in the beginning of June
  • fitissexiest
    fitissexiest Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've added everyone!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I got married this past September and successfully lost weight on my 'wedding diet' but I from my own experience I would recommend setting your goals for two weeks (or at least a week) before your actual wedding date. I made what ended up being a poor decision to cut my calories by an extra 100/day the month before, in sort of a home stretch effort to just... lose... a little... more. But I should have been eating more, not less because there is a lot going on in those last few weeks, and between the stress and the hectic schedule I got sick the week before my wedding. (Thankfully I rallied and felt fine for the big day!)
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am getting married October 1, 2016! Currently I am 162 lbs and hoping to lose at least 40 lbs ( I am 4'11). Big challenges ahead but my fiancée and I have signed up for a half marathon in June. I am hoping to do a second one in August. I find signing up for an actual race helps me stay on track. Don't want to be the last one across the finish line! Lol I am also trying to incorporate strength training in my routine. I have tried in the last but never gave it the consistency it deserves. Wish me luck!!
  • caitcollins56
    caitcollins56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on May 21, 2016...
  • justynegil
    justynegil Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, I am getting married in September this year, I am really hoping to lose as much weight as possible (as healthy as I can) Any motivation would be great :)
  • xLexi1028
    xLexi1028 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am! June 25th 2016
    Any other brides (or grooms) who are sweating it out to be in tip top shape for their wedding day??

• uzovka
    uzovka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    March 30th and can't wait! I bought one size too small dress on purpose. I'm about half way through and the dress fits better already, but few more kg down would make it perfect. Feel free to add me anyone
  • fitissexiest
    fitissexiest Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Added!
  • emzerkate
    emzerkate Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too people
  • roz1209
    roz1209 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My big day is November 19, 2016! Would love to join all of you in our efforts to be the most beautiful brides we can be :)
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ladies! Join us in the Bride-to-be support group! Search for it in groups or (hopefully), follow this link:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/107053-bride-to-be-support-group