Only want to lose 20lbs, lack motivation

Hi guys! I only want to lose about 20-25lbs - the amount I gained a few years back. I struggle with binge eating. The weight gain has really done a number on my confidence, and whenever I meet new people I am very self-conscious and think they must be feeling sorry for me. However, at home, I totally lose motivation and give up on healthy eating. I would be glad to offer support to anyone who needs it! I could use some friends on here; when I talked to my best friend about wanting to lose weight, she said "Just eat less crap."

Replies

• TNBeastT
    TNBeastT Posts: 19 Member
    Im losing around 20lbs too!! I will add you and we can motivate each other :)
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    You say only but usually smaller the number the harder it is! Sometimes people don't understand the struggle of a lifestyle change. Believe in yourself and you are halfway there!
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    You can do it! Just remember that small steps are better. Don't get frustrated when you aren't losing a pound per week or even a half pound per week. As you reach your goal, it will be tiny steps and a lot of NSVs!
  • emily_jmc
    emily_jmc Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there! I'm dealing with a similar problem... trying to lose the 15 to 20 pounds I gained in the last year, but struggling to reduce the sugar and carbohydrates in my diet. It affects my confidence too, not only because I don't look my best, but also because of the feeling of lacking control.
    I'll add you and we can stay motivated :smile:
  • KatEmmaMarie
    KatEmmaMarie Posts: 64 Member
    The motivation part is definitely the hardest part about trying to lose weight! I deal with the same problem, while I'm out I am so strict, I eat my perfectly portioned meals and snacks. the second I get home though, I'll raid the cabinets and stuff my face with not so healthy choices. Over the course of my journey I've found things to help curb these points of weakness, but it's still hard! Especially since I am also an emotional eater, so if I've had a bad day all I want to do is stuff my face!
    Don't give up!!! Find little things to distract you from wanting to give up. Find some kind of motivation to refer to every time you feel like straying.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    when I talked to my best friend about wanting to lose weight, she said "Just eat less crap."

Fixed the advice your friend gave you. You can do this!
  • GoldenLuv23
    GoldenLuv23 Posts: 5 Member
    I got kind of teary reading some of the responses - thanks for the encouraging words, guys! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • Ledford5
    Ledford5 Posts: 6 Member
    I am in a similar position. I was on medication that caused weight gain and now I am still stuck with 20 lbs that I need to shed. When I plan, I eat pretty healthy but then find myself raiding the pantry for sweets and carbs. I need some serious motivation and willpower. Any of you that want to motivate each other, please add me to your group.
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    If you are on facebook you are welcome to join my motivational groups too (not selling any products ) I have 2 Let's Get Moving and Fitness fun with Erica
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    I can relate to your post and many others who have replied. I also need to loose about 20 pounds, am recommitting to healthy lifestyle, am looking to have friends to motivate and be a motivator to me. I will you add you. We can do this!!
  • lushallegories
    lushallegories Posts: 1 Member
    I want to lose 20-25 too. Right now I'm at 199 (down from 210), and I'm freakin hungry all the time! Been following My Fitness Pals goals pretty religiously. I live alone so I don't keep any junk food or desserts around. Just chicken breasts, vegetables, and fresh fruit. I understand the urge to binge. Try eating a tangerine instead.