• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    "Relentless consistency on the fundamentals is the pathway to Mastery."
    --Robin Sharma
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    treebek wrote: »
    What saying motivates me?

That my *kitten* isn't going to get smaller by just thinking about it.

The scale doesn't lie.

NOTHING tastes as good as skinny feels.

Time to quit the "wine-ing" and excuses. I am fat because of this. Time to be accountable.

I have a ton more too that I tell myself on a daily basis:)

I finally have come to believe that. One day I just realized that I felt fantastic... and it was a better feeling than eating a dozen donuts. ;-)

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    "Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow."
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Especially during the Holiday season I've been keeping this in mind.......

"It's not what you eat during the time frame of Christmas to New Years, it's what you eat from New Years to Christmas that makes the difference."
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Every time I run I tell myself: "Quit when the timer is done not when you are done." So far I haven't had a run I stopped before the pre run goal time.
  • Darton2010
    Darton2010 Posts: 137 Member
    I don't believe anyone has said this one yet, this is a saying I have had and used since I was in 8th grade or earlier.

"Nothing to it. but to do it"

Sometimes the motivation to start is more powerful than reaching the goal.
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    I saw something yesterday that I totally related to. I wish I could remember exactly how it goes. It was something like:

"There's a reason the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror. Stay focused on where you're going, not what you left behind."

• 7books
    7books Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2016
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

I think it's true. I would feel fantastic at a healthy weight while I only feel good while eating junk. After I'm done, I feel awful the rest of the day. It's not worth it.
  • ShannaMoyer
    ShannaMoyer Posts: 2 Member
    Eat well feel well.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you're right.
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    My nutritionist once told me "don't wait until there is something wrong to change the bad habits, but change it because you want to be healthy now. In the end those who wait until they have a heart attack to start healthy habits will eventually return to the bad habits once they feel that all is well. They have not learned anything. If you change the bad habits because you want to be healthy you are more likely to keep those good habits for life"
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    "I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days, I lost two weeks". ~ Joe E. Lewis