much needed advice

Options
i know this might sound like a silly question. I went on my cross trainer for 45 minutes and it said I burnt 200 calories, because im smaller and burn less calories would this be right ?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    That does seem a little low but it's hard to say without knowing your machine, the level you were working at, etc. Cardio machines are notoriously inaccurate. I recently discovered that the calorie burn on elliptical/cross trainer machines are pretty similar to the walk/run principle. If you're not sure of the calories, most people will burn about 100 calories per mile. Hopefully your machine shows distance...
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    There are lots of things that will effect your calorie burn. Keep an eye on your heart rate... you want to get it up while you are doing cardio for a good burn. The more intense the workout, the more calories you will burn. Your weight and level of fitness will effect this as well. The more fit you become the harder and more intense you will need to work to get those calories burned. A heart rate monitor will really help with accuracy there.