Tracking exercises.

Options
where can I find a site to track my exercises that is accurate? I have heard a lot of people say this site overestimates the calories burned. I also have a FitBit Zip how can I track that on here too.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    2catslover wrote: »
    where can I find a site to track my exercises that is accurate? I have heard a lot of people say this site overestimates the calories burned. I also have a FitBit Zip how can I track that on here too.

You can't. Not really. Get several on-line estimates and take the lowest. Use that number awhile and adjust downward if you aren't losing.

A heart rate monitor would be a better estimate for steady state cardio.....but that's the only thing it's designed for.

A FitBit Zip is great. It will help you figure out your "real" activity level. That's a really good start.

Calorie in (tracking food) accurately is going to be much more important in the overall scheme of things.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You can create your own entry in "My Exercises" and make it something generic like "burned 100" then use that to key in whatever calorie burn your fitbit has calculated.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,190 Member
    Options
    Maybe try asking in the fitbit group.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Maybe try asking in the fitbit group.

Here's a link to the FitBit group. Find the section with your device, and you will get better info.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I believe Zips can be synched to MFP - look under apps. But basically, step based activities should be accounted for already. If you are cycling, or doing strength training (low calorie burn anyway)....then the FitBit won't be as helpful.