Hey. fatty looking to get in shape hah

Options
Hey all new to this

Im 28 male and 94 kgs now i dont no my height but im not tall and not strong but im looking to change that for my self and for my kids

So im needing a full change get my *kitten* of the sofa and change my diet.

Now my diet isnt too bad that to my knowledge, but still need help with it

I have no idea about work outs or cardio and need help with it gratley

I have a tredmill a benchpress woth legs at the ebd (from orbit) and a few other things. But im buying more as needed.

I am serious about doing this and making every effort just need to no where to start please links advice anything to get me going

Thank you

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

My advice:

- Get a food scale: nothing better than knowing exactly how much you eat. You cut a slice of meat and you like to think it is a single 4 oz serving when it is really a 6.3 oz serving. All those differences add up.
    - Exercise: Resistance training (like free weights or bands or body weight exercises) is awesome! Great way to maintain some Lean Body Mass and strength while losing weight. Also, for cardio, find what works for you. Whether it is High Intensity Interval Training or running or biking or swimming... gotta find what you like. People hate cardio so I can't tell you which is best.
    - Eat "real" food: By real, I mean pizza and burgers and chocolate. Don't try to be crazy and cut out everything you enjoy. Just moderate it. And measure it. And track it.
    - Don't give up: Many do because the change is slow or hard. But if you give up, you're only letting yourself down. Push through the hard times!

Good luck to you.
  • bigplantnerd
    bigplantnerd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What has helped me a lot is starting a morning routine of pushups, crunches, and just climbing my stairs over and over, about 15 min before coffee. I try to walk outdoors after work too, but sometimes the weather gets in the way. I found the morning ritual to be the best at waking up and inspiring the whole day.
  • greavesy41
    greavesy41 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me.

My advice:

- Get a food scale: nothing better than knowing exactly how much you eat. You cut a slice of meat and you like to think it is a single 4 oz serving when it is really a 6.3 oz serving. All those differences add up.
    - Exercise: Resistance training (like free weights or bands or body weight exercises) is awesome! Great way to maintain some Lean Body Mass and strength while losing weight. Also, for cardio, find what works for you. Whether it is High Intensity Interval Training or running or biking or swimming... gotta find what you like. People hate cardio so I can't tell you which is best.
    - Eat "real" food: By real, I mean pizza and burgers and chocolate. Don't try to be crazy and cut out everything you enjoy. Just moderate it. And measure it. And track it.
    - Don't give up: Many do because the change is slow or hard. But if you give up, you're only letting yourself down. Push through the hard times!

Good luck to you.

Haha yeah i dont want to cut it all out other wise ill be setting my self up to fail
  • greavesy41
    greavesy41 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What has helped me a lot is starting a morning routine of pushups, crunches, and just climbing my stairs over and over, about 15 min before coffee. I try to walk outdoors after work too, but sometimes the weather gets in the way. I found the morning ritual to be the best at waking up and inspiring the whole day.

Yeah ive just got a dog so few more weeks till his last needles then ill be walking her so that will help a little