New and looking for friends/support

Options
I am a 35 year old mom of three, one of which has severe special needs. I am an emotional eater who has some issues with depression, and much of this revolves around the child with special needs. Due to this child and my office job, I get very little exercise. I also struggle with some unsupportive family members, although I will say that my husband is very supportive of me, even though he has no interest in losing weight. I have no trouble with eating healthy foods, but I tend to eat way too many of even those and tend to binge on weekends. I have slowly gown up in weight since the birth of my first child, 14 years ago, and have never really been successful in losing weight any of the times I have tried. I am looking for support and understanding from those who maybe have similar issues to mine.

Although it says that I have been a member for a while, I haven't really been devoted and would like to try now! Thank you!

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Great job taking the first steps on being healthier.

I work in an office too and one thing I do is take my breaks and lunches to walk. I tend to get in over 10,000 steps just at work because of doing this, so try to sneak that in if you get the chance.

Find something to do other than binge, even if it includes just getting up and walking around. Anything to keep the unnecessary food out of your hands is helpful.

Best of luck to you.
  • Angel0298
    Angel0298 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you already have my invitation.
  • Jessy906
    Jessy906 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too. Hello! And good luck with your journey!
  • Leesani16
    Leesani16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here as well. I can empathize with much of what you said. My daughter has been diagnosed with multiple behavioral disorders, and I'm raising her on my own. It's really difficult when you don't have the support of your family -- I do all of this on my own. Food seems to be there as support, comfort. I know I need to change my habits, but the only person who can do that is ME! I've always put my daughter and my family's needs before mine. But this year, I need to invest in myself to be a better mom -- a better me. I'll send you a friend request. :smile: