New to community, ready to share the journey!

Im surrendering to the fact I need a supportive community to not crash and burn as I undertake this journey. I'm a lifelong yoyo dieter. I've decimated my metabolism and being post menopausal is no help. Over my lifetime I've lost as much as 70 lbs at a time, but after age 40 can't break past losing 20, all of which returns with more.
My first stint w MFP I approached as every other diet experience of my life, rigidly all or nothing, and gained back what I lost.
This time I'm joining the lifestyle of treating my body like something other than a trash dump. At 57 yo I'm feeling sluggish, seeing my body aging too quickly, and about to undergo oral surgery to replace all my top teeth w implants on Jan 13. For that I've had to quit smoking(ya guarantee weight gain usually-done it 3 time previously), and will be on almost liquid diet for a wk then 4 mos soft food(only what I can cut w a fork).
Did I mention I also started a new job with a staff of 20-30 something hairstylists?
Yes it's a lot of change but it all ties together. Better eating for better healing;better breathing for better moving and healing;a new big shiny smile to help me compete with the youngsters in a youth obsessed business; the whole circle of change has been in planning for several months and it's zero hour for launch. I've been logging my food to get in the habit, midnight tonight is my last cigarette, got my Fitbit for Xmas so I can see what's happening in the calorie burning side. This is a marathon, not a sprint for me and I'm less interested in the numbers and more about how I feel physically.
So I need other people on my journey. My fierce independance will doom me in the long run.
I'm also a very supportive person and hope to find nonjudgmental,encouraging,funny folks to share the ride! Join me if you dare!
Maribeth aka MB

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Welcome! Glad you have taken the first steps to be healthier. Add me if you like.

One good thing for you (I think) is that you are on your feet a lot. Take advantage of that! And good luck.