Who uses Strava?

Options
I think I downloaded it a while back and then deleted it because I couldn't figure out how it worked. And it didn't seem very intuitive to me. :o

Replies

• shut_up_legs
    shut_up_legs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of strava and use it to log all of my rides and runs. The mobile app is pretty straight forward on a gps phone. When you have a few activities logged it's great for seeing your progress over a period of time. Maybe try logging in on a pc once you've logged a few activities to get a better feel for all you can do with it.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I love Strava! I also use Endomondo (I like the combined functionality/data between them). If I had to pick only one it would be Strava. You can add me as a friend there if you like. https://www.strava.com/athletes/7849663
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I use it as a secondary journal and as a comparison tool again other riders (cyclist from my club). All my activities are uploaded to the site; I use a different app, IpBike, and Sony Xperia Active phone as my dictated cycling computer (it has all the bells and whistles, and more, as a Garmin Edge except for the battery life).
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yep all the time. Strava is lyfe!
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm also on Strava.

Add me if you want. strava.com/athletes/566674
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Another Strava user, for both runs and rides. I track on my Garmin and let Garmin push to Strava. Co-workers who use the Strava app constantly complain about its accuracy (but, the price is right...)

I like the more fine-grained record keeping on Strava, and it's fun to cheer on my friends when they set a PR or three. Garmin doesn't do well in that regard.
  • L_Master
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If anyone wants to add, feel free: http://strava.com/athletes/4181836
  • cake21
    cake21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Another Strava user, for both runs and rides. I track on my Garmin and let Garmin push to Strava. Co-workers who use the Strava app constantly complain about its accuracy (but, the price is right...)

I like the more fine-grained record keeping on Strava, and it's fun to cheer on my friends when they set a PR or three. Garmin doesn't do well in that regard.

Sorry for silly question, but how do you get your Garmin to push to Strava?
  • welshcoffeeaddict
    welshcoffeeaddict Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    New to Stava and am in process of purchasing a Tomtom Multisport, so will be linking this soon. But I signed up to Strava as it is becoming a common resource for cycle infrastructure planning... so spread the word, log your rides (and runs)- no individual data is sold, but the numbers and times etc are generated into GIS files for government agencies
  • L_Master
    Options
    cake21 wrote: »

Strava Dashboard -> Hover profile pic -> Settings -> On right side, under social connections find Garmin icon -> select connect with Garmin -> Follow instructions -> Victory!
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I moved to Strava because it syncs nicely with my app for my watch
  • cake21
    cake21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    L_Master wrote: »
    cake21 wrote: »

Strava Dashboard -> Hover profile pic -> Settings -> On right side, under social connections find Garmin icon -> select connect with Garmin -> Follow instructions -> Victory!

Thank you!
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Strava or it didn't happen!

Loving how all the different platforms are talking to each other automatically nowadays, I use my Garmins to record the data and that's where the detail is, but Strava's the social side of it as well as the competitive one to see how I'm doing against both my other rides/runs and my mates.

I'm also friends with a couple of people on Nike+ and Garmin Connect talks to that too.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You can add me! i normally record with mapmyrun but upload to strava.

http://www.strava.com/athletes/9151967
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of strava and use it to log all of my rides and runs. The mobile app is pretty straight forward on a gps phone. When you have a few activities logged it's great for seeing your progress over a period of time. Maybe try logging in on a pc once you've logged a few activities to get a better feel for all you can do with it.

Good idea. I'm still not sure even how to log something though. I'm pretty tech savvy, but these activity apps get to me.
  • L_Master
    Options

Good idea. I'm still not sure even how to log something though. I'm pretty tech savvy, but these activity apps get to me.

If you're going out for a run you just bring your phone, open strava when you're ready to start, make sure you have run (foot icon) selected in the top right, and then hit the big record button.

When finished hit it again, then select the checkered flag and hit save. Logged!
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I use my GPS watch to track my runs, but I set it to synch to Strava - I like looking at maps of my run afterwards, when I'm comfortably back o the couch ;)

For everyone who uses chrome as a browser: there is an extension called StravistiX which gives you some extra statistics and hides a lot of the "buy premium" advertisements.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Garmin watch -> Garmin connect -> strava. It's mostly automated. I use strava to track everything, I'm also paying for strava is worth it for me.
    I've never been able to get the phone app to record right. But other people have no problem. I also refuse to run carrying a phone too ;)
    Me:
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/754407
  • gshall66
    gshall66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Strava seems to be patchy of late, some days it adds my bike rides to MFP, other days it doesn't, anyone else have the same thing happen to them ?

G