1 cup of milk before sleeping can help you gain weight?

Options
If I drink 1 cup of milk every day before I go to sleep can make me gain more weight? It's whole milk.

Replies

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat in a caloric surplus you'll gain weight. You could drink that milk in the morning, or night. If you are in a surplus it helped you gain weight, if you are in a deficit it just slowed down the loss.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Only if it puts you into a calorie surplus.
  • rocioslifee
    rocioslifee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you! <3
  • legacybush
    legacybush Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Track your calories/macros! Food type doesn't matter.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    It probably will....lots'o sugar....fat....
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat in a caloric surplus you'll gain weight. You could drink that milk in the morning, or night. If you are in a surplus it helped you gain weight, if you are in a deficit it just slowed down the loss.
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Only if it puts you into a calorie surplus.

Yep.

I've been drinking a milk drink before bed for months now, but because I eat at my set calorie deficit, I've lost around 1 lb a week the whole time.
  • Leoeatsfood
    Leoeatsfood Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good advice :)
  • doCalisthenics
    doCalisthenics Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I drink 1 cup of milk every day before I go to sleep can make me gain more weight? It's whole milk.

To this question it is impossible to just say yes or no. It really depends on a ton of things. Whats your goal first of all - just get some weight? How many calories have you consumed. Do you mean only drinking milk or adding some coco pops in it? How much milk are you normally drinking every day. etc
  • doCalisthenics
    doCalisthenics Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    legacybush wrote: »

And please ignore this answer...
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

To this question it is impossible to just say yes or no. It really depends on a ton of things. Whats your goal first of all - just get some weight? How many calories have you consumed. Do you mean only drinking milk or adding some coco pops in it? How much milk are you normally drinking every day. etc

Uhm, no it's a pretty easy answer. It won't make you gain weight unless you're in a calorie surplus.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Utter (or should I say UDDER hehe) codswallop! As long as that doesn't put you over your cal allowance enjoy the milk!
  • legacybush
    legacybush Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    legacybush wrote: »

And please ignore this answer...

Being in a caloric surplus is what I was getting at with my answer. Food type doesn't matter when your goal is to gain or lose weight because a calorie is a calorie.