New Mom

Options
brigghteyez
brigghteyez Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. I'm 28, a teacher, and a new mom. I've been over weight pretty much my entire life. I've lost weight in the past using My Fitness Pal and/or Weight Watchers. During pregnancy the number on the scales scared me. Also, for the first time in my life my weight affected my Heath. My pregnancy and having my little one has motivated me to become healthy. I dropped 25lbs since having my little guy. I hope to continue to loose the weight, stay motivated, stay positive, and always have hope. I'd love to have a little extra motivation :) Happy New Year!!!

Replies

• mbryon
    mbryon Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations New Mom! You Got This! (from a fellow Teacher in the trenches) Happy New Year! :)
  • schembri_4
    schembri_4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey im also a new mum !! I am determined to loose this baby weight
    Happy new yeat
  • annacabie
    annacabie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat. I've lost hell lot with my fitness pal and then God pregnant :) I'm starting again! I know it will be a hard work but all is achievable! Add me if you want to x
  • alrodri421
    alrodri421 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not new to mfp, but I've never participated in the community before. I'm also a teacher, 29, and new mom who wants to lose baby weight and then some. I want to make sure I'm healthy and can set a good example for my son. We can do this! Add me if you'd like. I would also love some extra motivation and positive thinking! ☺
  • sassycassy631
    sassycassy631 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel you there! I had my daughter 1 1/2 yrs ago and I haven't lost any of my pregnancy weight or post prego weight. I want to get back to pre baby and hopefully loose a little more cuz lets me honestly I wasn't the smallest to start with.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a teacher (in England) and a mum of 3. Mine are 6, 4 and 20 months. I want to lose about 12lbs now and really tone up! It's been great the past 2 weeks as it's been Christmas holidays here so I've been exercising loads, going out for walks with my kids, and have had the time to prepare nice meals. Back to work on Wed though...
  • brigghteyez
    brigghteyez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same for me. My maternity leave is over as of Wednesday. I'm going back to work 7lbs. Smaller than before my son. I hoping to keep up with the heathy meals and exercise. I'm also planning on participating in weight loss challenges at work. I've gotta stay motivated. I want to be around a very long time to love on my sweet baby:)