Scared to Fail but hoping today is the start of something great.

Options
Hey. I've just joined the site today and am hoping that this is the beginning of a new and happy me. I have been dieting since 2008, I lost a successful 3st and then put on 4 stone, lost 1st 4 in 2015 and in the last 2 months I've managed to gain that and more. I am at my heaviest weight ever and hate what I see. I often find embarrassment leads to me to giving up but am hoping doing this virtually rather than in person in a group will help take that pressure away and keep my focused. Looking for people who can support me and who want support from myself also.

Happy 2016 to all and I hope this year really is the year for all of our dreams and successes.

Replies

• im26
    im26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way..add me! We can do it together!
  • kcdambuster
    kcdambuster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You can obviously lose weight, so I would hope this site can help you see an early indication if you are starting to gain again.
    I find MFP is great for keeping track. After a few days/weeks when most of your favourite meals/foods are logged, it is pretty quick to update on a daily basis.
    Good luck and Happy New Year.
  • LoveLacy
    LoveLacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips with the updates - having the ability to track things quickly is important. I have added you IM26 :D. I wish you both a happy new year and lets get this thing started.
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new also, add me x
  • Mariachristina77
    Mariachristina77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well. Add me!
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm starting my journey today,too. Feeling really positive - and would like to be friends - Feel free to add me anyone.
  • danceologist
    danceologist Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've used this app before (successfully! :smiley: ) but I'm back after a long break with a new account. Feel free to add me!
  • cbenrico
    cbenrico Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new too and need some support to break through so that I can stop being embarrassed every time I go shopping.
  • wdunnett1
    wdunnett1 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    New here as well. Hoping this goes well--for both of us!
  • Natasha8890
    Natasha8890 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting again too. I know it works! I stopped cause I had a handle on things but then I suffered an injury, fell off the wagon and gained way too much weight that I can't fit in my clothes and hate going out. I am determined to feel good again!!! 2016 WILL be a good year, challenging and hard I am sure but so worth it at the end....I hope! Add me too..
  • JoyAJones
    JoyAJones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I feel exactly the same as some of you here. I'm afraid of having family photos made. I'm afraid to go shopping, as I can find nothing to fit me. I also have several health problems and my husband is not supportive of healthy eating at all! Please help me save me from myself!
  • CamelsForever
    CamelsForever Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am new too and have had the same feeling as many of you. Small steps got us here and small steps will get us where we want to be. Feel free to send me a request.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    No need to be scared! Just know that if you do fall off, there is always a chance to get back at it. You won't fail 100% unless you just stop trying. Keep that in mind if you don't do your best one day (or week), it happens to all of us and you just have to pick yourself back up and get back on!

Best of luck to all of you!
  • LoveLacy
    LoveLacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's lovely to know I'm not alone with being afraid to try and fail again. The video that was posted about Arnie, was really inspirational so thank you for sharing. Forty6and2 you are so right, at the end of the day we are only human, and I want a plan for life, not just for a quick weight loss, and acknowledging that means I can allow myself to have those treats at family occasions and things, its about not denying treats as otherwise it won't be enjoyable and too easy to give up then.