Time to get serious

Options
I've been working out, doing cardio and trying to eat healthy for the last 5 or 6 years. What I haven't done is track my calories and macros. Now is the time to step up and make myself accountable for my food intake so I can accomplish my goal and get under 15% body fat. The ultimate goal is to be around 12% body fat. I am around 17-18% right now. What I have seen from tracking my first couple of days is I have to cut out sugars and processed food.

Replies

• PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck!
  • RTGho
    RTGho Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    dbrook1967 wrote: »
    I've been working out, doing cardio and trying to eat healthy for the last 5 or 6 years. What I haven't done is track my calories and macros. Now is the time to step up and make myself accountable for my food intake so I can accomplish my goal and get under 15% body fat. The ultimate goal is to be around 12% body fat. I am around 17-18% right now. What I have seen from tracking my first couple of days is I have to cut out sugars and processed food.

Same here. I always thought I was eating fairly clean until I started tracking my calories and macros and realized...........not so much. I'm pretty much in the same boat. I consistently hover around 18-19% body fat and would love to get to around 13-15%. I started tracking my macros a month ago and have started leaning out. I moderately splurged here and there over the holidays (hello......Bourbon) but kept it to a low roar, so I'm looking forward to seeing what a full month of tracking and clean eating will do.
  • rdzj
    rdzj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I workout but then eat bad!
  • 8BaughDad
    8BaughDad Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, your dreams are your, ticket out! Lets go sweat hogs! Back in the saddle wish my luck.