Say what!? BBQ Jackfruit (vegetarian pulled pork)

Options
bioklutz
bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
I don't know how I got here...I think it started by trying to figure out the calories in some chocolate candies that we have in the house. One click lead to another and I ended up here:

http://minimalistbaker.com/bbq-jackfruit-sandwiches-with-avocado-slaw/

I am a meat eater but that looks so tasty. Has anyone tried BBQ jackfruit? How was it?

Replies

• Sarah0003
    Sarah0003 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We make this at our (vegan) house regularly - so good!
  • CeciliaBobilia
    CeciliaBobilia Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    No, but I will be!
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be trying this and posting back once I do. Thanks for sharing the recipe you found!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing! Adding it to my recipe list. Thanks for posting :smile:
  • bioklutz
    Options
    I didn't get to try this yet. I couldn't find jackfruit in the grocery store yesterday (I checked the international isle too). I am going to stop by an Asian food market while out and about to see if I can find it today. Sarah0003 - where do you get the jackfruit from?
  • bioklutz
    Options
    I found the canned green jackfruit! I thought it was tasty. My husband didn't like it at all. Next time I make it I am going to use a less sweet sauce. I used Sweet Baby ray's sweet 'n spicy barbecue sauce, some water and the jackfruit. I let it simmer for about 45 minutes to let the water evaporate. I tasted it and threw some hot sauce in too. I had 2 HUGE sandwiches for about 700 calories.
    3ibdn48j2icn.jpg
  • Serendipitous_Soul11
    Options
    That looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing... I am definitely going to try this!
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @bioklutz How was the texture?
  • bioklutz
    Options
    The texture was pretty good. I think the more meticulous you are about getting the core and seeds - the better the texture will be.
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • caseyleann7
    caseyleann7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Omg my husband and I ❤️ it! They have it at Char Bar in Kansas City! I have yet to find it around where we live in Arkansas though so we just settle for frequent trips to KC!