Explination?

Options
I recently got my period back after a large period of amenorrhea from exercise and lack of nutrition. It is very light (to the point where I don't even need to wear a pad) but still there, with some common PMS side effects (bloating, increased hunger, etc.) I was steadily maintaining my weight for about 3 months but since Sunday (started Sunday night) my weigh has been increasing steadily and is now up as of today 6 pounds!? What could be the cause of this? I'm a bit freaked out. Any insight?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This is a good question for your OB/Gyn.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Could be water weight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Given your posting history, and the resulting lack of period, I agree that this is a good question for an OBGYN.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Those could be symptoms related to a few things. As stated above. You will need to talk to your GYN about this as most likely he/she will want to do an exam and tests to find the problem and treat it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    Those could be symptoms related to a few things. As stated above. You will need to talk to your GYN about this as most likely he/she will want to do an exam and tests to find the problem and treat it.

Agreed, with not having your periods for so long, there could be other things going on. I would give it a few weeks and then see what happens. Talking to your OB would be a good idea. My weight fluctuates +8-11lbs the week of my period and a few days after.

Ps: you spelled explanation wrong, lol ;)
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    You may have PCOS. Very common. reduce carbs to 100/day, and see if it improves.