Bulking- Favorite bulking meals?

Options
I've been bulking on/off the past few years and want ideas for your favorite meals. I've always done chicken and rice or sweet potatoes and salmon etc.

Replies

• RobotPhysique
    RobotPhysique Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Did chicken, broccoli, and rice for a long time. Sensible IIFYM approach salvaged my sanity.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    BLT with very little L&T and a ton of B..... with extra mayo.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm bulking on only 2000 calories so my meals are not that high calorie still. I definitely DON'T eat chicken and rice. Never rice and rarely chicken-too boring. I'm with @RobotPhysique and use a more flexible dieting approach. I've really been digging a big stack of kodiak pancakes with whipped cream, PB2 and chocolate sauce on the reg.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Mostly on the stuff I eat now - just more of it.

Good hearty fare like homemade pies, chilli's, bolognaises, curries, roast meats, stews, etc. Plenty of rice/pasta/noodles/potatoes to go with it.

Tend to add more butter/oil/cheese to stuff, too. 'cause that's an easy way to bump up calories without changing your behaviours too much. Long term it's better to be able to flow in and out of a surplus at will without messing around too much.
  • Chriso1972
    Chriso1972 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Protein carbs & fats in every meal. Try and eat every 2 or 3 hours. Finish meals by adding yoghurt and cottage cheese to add additional calories. Cook foods in olive oil, and add a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter into your diet during the day.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    -2 servings of oatmeal with a whole chopped up banana, egg whites, Greek yogurt, sugar free maple syrup, and cinnamon.
    -big piece of salmon or steak
    -sweet potatoes with almond butter on top
    -cereal