Alcohol and weight loss...they don't seem to be the best bed mates

Options
2»

Replies

• rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    For me, I don't ever feel full from drinking alcohol and in fact hunger increases. Because of this I tend to keep alcohol intake moderate.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Alcohol was not my friend when it came to weight loss in the past. I would try to "just have a little", and end up getting drunk, which inevitably lead to White Castle cheese fries or whatever other god awful thing that would crush my diet.

Luckily I don't need to worry about the alcohol calories or the drunk food calories anymore as I don't drink at all now.
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Nope, not for me. I have cut it out almost entirely. It's not that I necessarily make bad food choices after a drink or two, rather that for me a budget of 1,220 calories is not all that much per day. I'll be damned if I would use any of those on much else other than food or coffee!
  • spacepony
    spacepony Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I cut out alcohol in order to lose weight (even straight liquor is caloric! One shot of gin = a decent sized snack). I only started incorporating it again after I reached my goal, since I now need that extra "snack" to maintain anyway ;)