Protein Shake

Options
Happy New Year to everyone!

I just tried an Isogenix protein shake. It was really good! 22 grams of protein. Use two scoops. 250 calories or so.

I will now use it daily!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year
    You can find other whey protein isolate powders with similar protein percentage at much lower prices. You can prepare your own shake and save money
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year
    You can find other whey protein isolate powders with similar protein percentage at much lower prices. You can prepare your own shake and save money

This. Plus, if that 22 grams of protein is from two scoops with 250 calories, that's pretty poor numbers. Even if 22 grams is for one scoop and is only 125 calories, Optimum Nutrition Vanilla will come in at 24 grams in one scoop, and only 110 calories.
  • jessa_douglas
    jessa_douglas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife.....love the options that are available and they taste great. They have a beverage mix that has 15g protein at 70 calories and no sugar.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Pure protein has 20 grams of protein. Sold at walmart. About a billion dollars cheaper than Herbalife.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Pure protein has 20 grams of protein. Sold at walmart. About a billion dollars cheaper than Herbalife.

And undoubtedly better quality than a MLM product. And you won't have people pestering you to become a "coach" or salesperson in the pyramid scheme.
  • gchuhta
    gchuhta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very true. I cycle between optimum nutrition whey, cellucor whey, and animal whey (branch off of universal nutrition). All 3 have very similar profiles. Use everyday, breakfast, post workout, whatever works for you. I match with optimum nutrition casein, universal nutrition casein pro, or dymatize elite casein at night. All 3 are excellent proteins. Check them out.
    senecarr wrote: »
    Happy New Year

This. Plus, if that 22 grams of protein is from two scoops with 250 calories, that's pretty poor numbers. Even if 22 grams is for one scoop and is only 125 calories, Optimum Nutrition Vanilla will come in at 24 grams in one scoop, and only 110 calories.

• alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Happy New Year

Agreed. You could also try MLO super high protein powder. It's unflavored and unsweetened but I love it. I usually add water or unsweetened almond milk with sweet n low. It's also about $12 per container at Kroger, and 24 g of protein per serving. (110 calories)
  • dcp1911
    dcp1911 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the Premier Protein shakes.They have 30 grams of protein with 160 calories. My other choice is Naturade Total Soy Meal Replacement with 13 grams of protein and 140 calories.
  • gchuhta
    Options
    dcp1911 wrote: »
    I like the Premier Protein shakes.They have 30 grams of protein with 160 calories. My other choice is Naturade Total Soy Meal Replacement with 13 grams of protein and 140 calories.
    I wouldn't go too too heavy on the soy protein supplement. Not a high quality protein and has been linked to lower testosterone and higher estrogen levels. And, it's pretty well in the books now that ALL soy products are patented by monsanto, and are all GMO. If you done believe it, do some of your own research. If you just want quality protein, check out the powders in my previous post. If you are looking for more of a meal replacement style, syntha6 shakes are awesome, and onnits hemp force shake is a perfect meal replacement, with balanced macros, vitamins, minerals, balanced omega3s, 6s, and 9, and it is organic non GMO and a natural whole food source. Probably the best around. But with a hefty price tag to match.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of calories for 22g of protein. No thanks.
  • gchuhta
    Options
    Good then go for any of the 3 I posted previously. You can use it instead of your cake or candy or whatever you have. Those are quality, balanced real food calories. Better than your pop tarts or special k bars. (Or whatever you may eat)
  • arditarose
    Options
    gchuhta wrote: »
    Good then go for any of the 3 I posted previously. You can use it instead of your cake or candy or whatever you have. Those are quality, balanced real food calories. Better than your pop tarts or special k bars. (Or whatever you may eat)

What are you talking about and who are you talking to?
  • gchuhta
    Options
    As I said those 2 shakes are for more of a meal replacement, not a lean protein shake like I posted previously
  • arditarose
    Options
    gchuhta wrote: »
    As I said those 2 shakes are for more of a meal replacement, not a lean protein shake like I posted previously

I'm not responding to you. I didn't even read your post.