breakfast

Options
What do you eat for breakfast? I've been eating cereal and I'm getting tired of it, I need some new ideas. I don't have a lot of time in the morning to fix something, so I need something easy that I can throw together.

Replies

• mrshamm
    mrshamm Posts: 62
    Options
    What do you eat for breakfast? I've been eating cereal and I'm getting tired of it, I need some new ideas. I don't have a lot of time in the morning to fix something, so I need something easy that I can throw together.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    toast with apple sauce and a banana, i put butter on it for a threat sometimes.

cheers !
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    eggs are good to eat in the morning bc they are suppose to make you less hungry all day.
  • leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    I have Yogurt with some grape nuts or oatmeal with apple or 1/2 bagel with a piece of fruit, or try a egg with salsa in a torilla wrap.
  • smalla
    smalla Posts: 11
    Options
    Most important meal of the day! These typically take me 5-10 min. to prepare, if that.

1. Oatmeal (3-5 min. kind) with cinnamon and fresh fruit.
    2. 3 egg white fritatta (saute some vegetables and throw on your egg whites).
    3. Poached egg on whole wheat english muffin with slice of tomato and cheese.
    4. Sliced turkey or other low-fat and low-sodium lunchmeat on toasted whole wheat english muffin with slice of tomato and cheese.
    5. Protein smoothie (protein powder, skim milk, 1/2 banana, 1 c. frozen strawberries, 1/4 c. fat-free vanilla yogurt).
    6. One slice whole wheat bread with peanut butter & jam and 1/2 grapefruit.

I keep my breakfast around about 300 calories.

Good luck!
  • Tammikins
    Tammikins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    something i make for breakfast quite a bit are egg beaters...they are easy to use and cook quickly... my favorite thing to make with them are omletes...i usually put in some fat free shredded cheese, a slice of deli turkey, and top it with a little salsa...have it with a little fruit and/or a english muffin and you have a great breakfast that is very low in fat and calories!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    1 Bowl of Apples and Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal. (130 Calories)
    1 Cherry Fruit Leather. (45 Calories)
    18 Fl Oz. of Fuze Healthy Infuzions Slenderize Topical Punch (10 Calories)

Total: 185 Calories :tongue:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    toast with apple sauce and a banana, i put butter on it for a threat sometimes.

cheers !

Was that your Freudian slip for the day dear? :laugh: I agree - sometimes butter is a threat!!

For breakfast I sometimes sautee some sweetpeppers in butter or smart balance or PAM and then fry an egg with it and top it with some salsa - add a piece of toast and it is a good, quick breakfast, especially it you have it together enough to cut up the peppers the night before.

Also - make some low fat muffins over the weekend and have 1 or 2 or those with fresh fruit.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I just eat a piece of 12 grain toast. It's really good and I've noticed that if I skip breakfast I'm starving sooner in the later morning then if I eat my toast.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Sometimes I will microwave some egg beaters, and put that on a flour tortilla with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb cheese and some raw spinach. Fills me up. Or else a package of instant oatmeal and a banana. Sometimes I will take a flour tortilla and spread a Tbs of peanut butter on it and sliced apple or banana. There are a lot of possibilites out there that are good and quick. :drinker: