Why I Lift Weights--before/after pic

Options
2»

Replies

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Incredible results. Glad the program is working out for you :)
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Good job. How much do you squat?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I'm hoping to start lifting this week :D This has really given me a kick to do so!
  • graemestringer
    graemestringer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done @lili61 great results!
    The effort you're putting in is obviously paying off and giving you the results that you are looking for.
    An great inspiration to other ladies who are looking for a transformation, but have been afraid to step into the weights area.
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    lili61 wrote: »
    Before, 170 pounds. After, 7 months later and 160 pounds. 5'8.

These are my results after completing the New Rules of Lifting for Women, lifting 2-3 a week, 20 min. HIIT once a week, and eating at a very small deficit. Only about a 10 pound loss, but clearly composition is king.

Can't recommend lifting heavy enough! Still want to drop some weight/recomp, but very happy with these results. More importantly, I have found exercise that I love and am consistent with.

rbvezkkic06v.jpg

Awesome! I have been just eating low calorie to lose weight, but I want to start lifting, too. I have lost a lot, but I am still flabby!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    you look great! I agree, lifting is very important in getting a strong attractive body.
  • dirtycxer
    dirtycxer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job and thank you for showing that motivation and hard work pay off!
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Chiruadr wrote: »

Have been struggling with squats. Working weight is anywhere from 125-165 depending on sets/reps. 1RM was around 190 last time I checked.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. I definitely know the benefits for lifting but your transformation, with only 10 lbs lost, is one of the best I've seen. Hands down.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options

Have been struggling with squats. Working weight is anywhere from 125-165 depending on sets/reps. 1RM was around 190 last time I checked.
    Not bad. There is not a single woman in my gym that squats that much.
  • lili61
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Holy crap. I definitely know the benefits for lifting but your transformation, with only 10 lbs lost, is one of the best I've seen. Hands down.

Wow, thank you! I will spout the benefits of lifting to anyone who will listen! Plus it makes me feel like a badass and I can basically eat at maintenance and still see great results.

• lili61
    edited January 2016
    Options

Not bad. There is not a single woman in my gym that squats that much.

There is one woman at my gym who squats more than I do--hopefully I will catch up with her at some point. She is also a tiny thing so she's super impressive.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!