advice on building up appetite?

Options
I really want to gain weight but sometimes I just really don't feel hungry and eating too much makes me feel a little sick, probably due to recently having a really small appetite but now I want to build it up, any advice?

Replies

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Look for foods that are very energy dense (e.g. peanut butter, almonds, etc.). Add some extra liquid calories (milk, fruit juices, etc.) as those have little impact on hunger but are high in calories and good on nutrition. You could incorporate more snack foods as long as you are still meeting your nutritional needs elsewhere.
  • memo1974
    memo1974 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you are working out hard enough, you should be hungry. Patience and slow progression will pay in the long term, no need to hurry. Just keep adding calories slowly each week .
  • yungbrah
    yungbrah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Smoke weed
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    pkulagin12 wrote: »
    Smoke weed

I'd say eat it rather than smoke it, but this will definitely improve one's appetite.
  • steveio39
    steveio39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    pkulagin12 wrote: »
    Smoke weed

I'd say eat it rather than smoke it, but this will definitely improve one's appetite.

I have smoked weed for 5 years and it definitely hasn't helped me gain weight although you do get the munchies alot
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This might sound crazy but make your self regularly and make it a habit.

I started off by making myself eat something every 2 hours. Didn't matter what at the time, what mattered was I was eating and then my stomach started to expect to get food so the hunger signs started to come back.
  • jamesmorin59
    jamesmorin59 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me I had 2 problems, eating in the morning because I wasn't hungry for the first maybe 3 hours after waking, solution was drinking a pint of milk every morning which helped a lot.
    And 2nd was generally eating enough, solution was for a couple of weeks eating my favourite foods to increase my appetite,