Great Walking/running shoe??

Options
I currently have a pair of Sketchers but they are wearing out. I have researched and narrowed it down to the New Balance 1765 or similar or Merrells, but am open to suggestions. What is another great light weight, breathable shoe? I run about 3/4 of a mile and walk/ slow jog 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 mile, six days a week flat to up-hill moderate. Thanks :smile:

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    what's your budget? there are tons and tons of running shoes out there !!!
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I went to my local running company and got a personal consult....they watch you walk, have you step on a machine to see where you put the most pressure and then offer you some sneakers that would best benefit your feet.

I just finished the C25K program and ran a 5k on Sunday...and plan to continue running on a regular basis.

I left with a pair os Asics and so far so good :bigsmile:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to a running shoe store, they have experts there that will watch your gate, foot strike, etc and put you in the best shoe for what you want to do.... Best of Luck
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Asics FTW
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I used to use Skechers featherlites then I tried New Balance. Tried is the term since neither agreed with me walking or running they were too clunky didnt let my foot move. I went to Nike Dual Fusion till I lost weight and my achilles became to prominent and they were rubbing something fierce. Now I use Reebok Sublite Foam. When I got really serious about walking/running I went to the store and tried on the shoes and walked around the store in them. If there were any bunching pulling or anything they got ruled out. Go with what feels the most comfortable when you are walking. Good luck it can be hard to find a good shoe!