Help me love my VivoSmart!

Options
I have been wearing trackers for years now, but due to battery life, I recently changed from Fitbit to Garmin. I love the band, but the app is driving me insane. Some days it syncs, but 99% of the time it doesn't. Or it says it does but still doesn't show my steps. Again, this is all in the app. I have looked all over for some way to force a sync, but short of changing settings on the band through the interface or just deleting the thing and re-adding it, I'm coming up short. The band itself seems to be accurate but I want it to sync here. Please tell me I've missed something. I'm really missing my Fitbit right now. Crappy battery life and all.

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    To "force" sync, hold your finger on the band (the same way you pull up the sleep menu and settings). Scroll to the screen (swipe) that has the phone, arrows and and exclamation point in the triangle. Click the arrows and you will see it say "sync". Occasionally you have to do it more than once.

Edit to add: feel free to friend me, always looking for others who have garmin devices. User name dae49.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Try the Garmin Forum for the vivosmart...

https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?478-vivosmart
  • kellie16
    kellie16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my Vivofit2 for the watch, back lighting, stopwatch function, and battery life. The syncing (or lack thereof) drives me crazy. it is inexplicably random and I have given up. Now that i am using MFP to track food and exercise I am strongly leaning towards returning to Fitbit, although i will have to upgrade as I can't cope without the watch function now. If you find a solution, please let us know as nothing I have tried or been recommended has worked predictably/consistently!
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I've been on their forums, but unfortunately, like Kellie said, nothing works consistently. I've always tried to force it with the Bluetooth pairing, so I'm excited to see if those opposing arrows will help. Thanks elphie!
  • elphie754
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I've been on their forums, but unfortunately, like Kellie said, nothing works consistently. I've always tried to force it with the Bluetooth pairing, so I'm excited to see if those opposing arrows will help. Thanks elphie!

No problem. Here's and image of the arrows just in case: vuecq1wj86cx.png

If you keep pairing/unpairing the device with out fully unpairing, that cause cause issues too. What I mean by that is make sure of you are unpairing on both the device and on phone (or computer if that is what you use). Don't just click "pair".

On the device turn off blue tooth-go to the blue tooth menu on device (I'm assuming you know which image that is since you said you'd been re-pairing, if wrong let me know) and swipe until you see "turn off"-on mine it is the first option. I'm including pictures with the directions just in case I'm being confusing lol. If this is what you had been doing, sorry for the long post, I just know I had unpairing incorrectly when I was trying to get it to sync.

Then go to the mobile app. Your dash board should look something like this. rr7enbwiopah.png

Click on "..." At the bottom right and this menu should come up:

udzxe3n31oao.png

Select "garmin devices" and you should see:
    1h4clk3zrst2.png

On that menu, hit the i thats in the circle to get:
    fqrfp8qug3os.png

Then hit "unpair":
    2jhqdcssfxut.png

Select device to get:

uki3ppem62zm.png

Then hit "forget device".

After all that, start the pairing from the start.

• headfullofsongs
    Options
    Wow! I feel bad that you did that much work to help me, but help you did! Thank you!!

The arrows have helped when it seems to get caught in a loop. I also deleted the app and reinstalled it just to have a clean slate. So far, it's cooperating.

I really do love the band. The battery life is a deal breaker for me and this one is fantastic. Now if they'd let me pick and choose notifications.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Wow! I feel bad that you did that much work to help me, but help you did! Thank you!!

The arrows have helped when it seems to get caught in a loop. I also deleted the app and reinstalled it just to have a clean slate. So far, it's cooperating.

I really do love the band. The battery life is a deal breaker for me and this one is fantastic. Now if they'd let me pick and choose notifications.

Please don't feel bad. It didn't take that long to do it.
  • Natookh
    Natookh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Now if they'd let me pick and choose notifications.

You can do that in the app too.
    It's under Settings > Smart notifications

Here you can add and remove what you want to be notified about. The three dots "..." in the top corner is where you add stuff.

• headfullofsongs
    Options
    Is that on an android or iPhone? My iPhone only has a toggle option for off or on. No picking and choosing that I see. I don't need to see emails, but would love texts.