Tracking foods not in MFP database?

Options
marc8686
marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
Going to dinner tonight at a restaurant whose foods aren't in MFP database. I'm not worried about staying within the caloric goal I have plenty of room for dinner but this means my nutrient ratios for the day will be off. Suggestions anybody?

Replies

• jennagoogles13
    Options
    You're just going to have to try and find the closest thing you possibly can in the database..Not much else you can do:ohwell:
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    When I have something not in MFP data I try to find something closest to what I ate that will be nearly the same calories. It may not be exact, but if the food is similar or even the same food from a different place it shouldn't be to far off. Good luck and enjoy dinner :-)
  • lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Find the info from the restaurants web site or the menu then input it into the mfp database.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I agree, find the closest. When you go out it's all you can do without getting all the ingredients from the kitchen. Depending on the restaurant (usually chains list their ingredients or calorie information online) you can google what you ate and the restaurant and someone from some website might have the info you need.
  • marc8686
    Options
    It's a home style Italian buffet, and I've been really good lately and exercised a LOT. So I'm gonna be shooting for the "reasonable damage" area of treating myself. Nothing too stupid but maybe a slice of pizza some sherbet mashed potatoes etc
  • katiwagner
    katiwagner Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Find the info from the restaurants web site or the menu then input it into the mfp database.

^^^This. It's pretty simple to add information into the system.
  • marc8686
    Options

^^^This. It's pretty simple to add information into the system.
    Yeah that's the first thing I looked for. The restaurant is "cinzettis" I couldn't find their nutrition charts or whatever online