working back to old weight(with pic)

Trying to stay positive and was browsing through old pictures. This photo of me and a friend is when I felt the best. I had just lost 20lbs(but wasn't eating right) and was just fitting into size 7 jeans(about148lbs). That was the first time since high school that I could and was so excited! Now i'm quite a few sizes bigger and my goal weight is 135lbs, which might look too skinny on me but I plan to build muscle and do this the healthy way. does anyone else look at their old photo and use it as encouragement? I wish I took more picture of myself when I was smaller lol. So instead of using a celebrity as an inspiration, I will just use me, from a couple years ago!

2mqs0hs.jpg

I'm the girl on the right :)

Replies

• sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    I have a photo on my nightstand of my fiance and I with our kids. It was taken 2 years ago, right before I re-injured my ankle and stopped working out. I had been doin cardio and strength training for 5 months and was in great shape -I use that pic for inspiration all the time!

Keep it up and you'll reach your goals!
  • faith326
    faith326 Posts: 11 Member
    thanks! that's awesome that your so motivated after your injury! Hope its healing well for you.
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Thanks! Unfortunately when I broke my ankle in 2010, the main nerve was cut during surgery. In 2010, about 6 months after getting off crutches and 5 months into getting back to my pre-injury body,, I rolled it and was back on crutches for another 3 months and stopped working out until 5 weeks ago. I gained back all the weight I had lost plus some :mad:. Because of the nerve damage, I have limited use of my right foot and can't do a lot of the activities I did before but am able to modify my current workout program. I'm not letting anything stop me this time, the last thing I want to do is have to start over......again :smile: