Going into the new year with a new me (pics).

Options
vespiquenn
vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
edited January 2016 in Success Stories
I'm excited to share not only the physical accomplishments I have achieved in 2015, but the mental ones as well.

I can't say my journey had an "aha" moment because I struggled with losing weight and eating disorders since 8th grade. I am 25 now. I would get down to a goal weight and immediately bounce back because I would go from one extreme of not eating to the other. In the last year, I have committed myself to properly fueling my body and overcoming the negative thought process that disordered eating brings.

In the past three months, I have even joined a gym and began weightlifting. Never in my life would I have ever thought I would be confident to do so, but I am so glad that I did. There's something powerful about knowing that you are getting physically and mentally stronger.

At 5'9", I have gone from 175lbs to 152lbs, and although I have been hovering between 149-153lbs, my strength continues to improve and my overall body composition has slowly been changing.

I look forward to the challenges and accomplishments that 2016 brings. In March, I will be getting married to my best friend in Disney World. I also want to run my first 5k and lose another ~2% body fat as I continue with weight training.

As always, feel free to add me if you would like. I love meeting new people and encourage them on their own journeys. :smiley:

3mltatwoezkp.jpeg
175lbs to 152lbs.

bqwtkxyf9qj2.jpeg
If anything, the picture on the left is what caused me to get serious. I felt terrible in my own skin and knew I needed a change.

8y30kcm9ndsb.jpeg

z1lmcehb4lrh.jpeg
And just a cute picture of my cat horrendously confused by my Eevee ears.

Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Super good work!! Lifting weights for women, I believe, is the best confidence builder there is. You're looking marvelous :smiley: It's also impressive that you decided to work on disordered eating and thoughts. This is also a key for many.
  • Saboteurteehee
    Saboteurteehee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look so happy!!!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting fit and happy. You look healthy and wonderful.
  • SweetFeriend
    SweetFeriend Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it...Never stop! Always be the best you can be. Especially after you get married. People get to comfy. You are the one you need to please. Be the Best! Very Proud of you!

Swettferiend
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Love your smile lass - it says it all :-)
  • Missyelliotfan33
    Missyelliotfan33 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    love your hat! Awesome job!
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Good job! Weight lifting works wonders, eh!
  • vespiquenn
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :smile: I'm just excited to see what I can accomplish this coming year.
  • Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well done on the transformation. Would love to have a new friend - and all those pokemon are just irresistible! My son would love them :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    WTG on all the great changes you've made in your life! Giggling at the kitty's face :D
  • vespiquenn
    Options
    Bizzarrini wrote: »
    Well done on the transformation. Would love to have a new friend - and all those pokemon are just irresistible! My son would love them :)

Haha I'm definitely a collector! I fell in love with Pokemon when it first came to America in '98, when I was in 4th grade. :lol: I'm a teacher myself now so it's fun to talk about it to my students.
  • vespiquenn
    Options
    6a3iqgkluzos.jpeg

I figured I would throw this picture in as well for those that think weightlifting isn't worth it. The left picture is before weightlifting, and the right is only about a month and a half in. No change at all in weight, but obviously there's a change in composition.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. You look great
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the amazing work! :) Cheers to you!
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Great job! Best wishes!
  • DBL_IronDog
    DBL_IronDog Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow looking amazing!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Awesome Pokemon Collection!!! uh... I mean Awesome Job!!
  • vespiquenn
    Options
    Awesome Pokemon Collection!!! uh... I mean Awesome Job!!

It took years of dedication. :wink: The weightloss.. Not as long. Ahaha.

• vespiquenn
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :blush:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!