Squats

Options
2»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    amynis1 wrote: »
    I did the 30 day squat challenge. Did my see one bit of difference and it was still hard by the end of it?? Don't know what else to do lol

I'm not sure exactly what your goal was in doing that challenge. I don't know exactly what it is but I am guessing it was a bodyweight squat program. Something like that can help you with flexibility and bodyweight squats are good for beginners but if you're looking for added strength and/or muscle, you'll need to add some form of progressive resistance (weights, more difficult squat varieties, etc.) If you are specifically looking for more muscle, your nutrition may be an issue as well--you'll need to eat at maintenance or above. If you were looking to get leaner, you'd have to eat below maintenance.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I do some dynamic stretching/movements to start. I do some front squats with my 8lb dumbbell to warm up. Then begin my set. Low bar back squats with dynamic moves between my sets as well to keep me moving. I stretch really well afterwards.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    amynis1 wrote: »
    I did the 30 day squat challenge. Did my see one bit of difference and it was still hard by the end of it?? Don't know what else to do lol

get a barbell and squat with some weight.
    Repetitive movement with no increase or progression wont' get you any results at all.