Cheat days

Options
2»

Replies

• Sora4ever
    Sora4ever Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    There's no point in cheating. I'm pretty motivated to lose weight and I'm not going to sabotage myself with crappy junk foods. There is always healthier alternatives that are just as delicious as the actual craving.

If it gets to the point where I am craving a burger, I would try for a healthier option like a salmon burger instead of beef. Less trans fats, and more monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Or if I'm craving sugary sweets, I'd opt for greek yogurt and fruits with a little bit of granola oats.
  • shellcheri
    shellcheri Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sora4ever wrote: »
    There's no point in cheating. I'm pretty motivated to lose weight and I'm not going to sabotage myself with crappy junk foods. There is always healthier alternatives that are just as delicious as the actual craving.

If it gets to the point where I am craving a burger, I would try for a healthier option like a salmon burger instead of beef. Less trans fats, and more monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Or if I'm craving sugary sweets, I'd opt for greek yogurt and fruits with a little bit of granola oats.

I found the health choice Greek frozen yogart, that stuff is really good. Still haven't had a burger. Staying strong.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I wish I could have cheat days all the time. But ... we all know that doesn't work. I want to try and make my cheat "days" into cheat "meals" 1 time a week. & I also want to make sure I use food as a motivator - lose 5lbs, eat Chinese. Lose 5 lbs, go to wing night. That way, you wont feel guilty - because you earned it!
  • steph_vt
    steph_vt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    yeh i have the same problem, i think you should be able to have the things you like every once in a while though,even if they are high in calorie. i know it can be tough sometimes you just gotta balance it a bit
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I struggle with it every day. I am an emotional eater, so the last two days have been a fail. But, i'm trying to not bash myself too much. I ended up being under calorie and plan on doing that today as well. Just takes a lot of one step forward, two steps back. You will get there though. You're already on the right track!!