Do cheat/treat days keep you sane, or derail you?

Options
2»

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Definitely keep me sane. I can stay on track during the week because I know if I'm craving something I can have it as a treat on the weekend.

Edited to add: Eating unhealthy things satisfies me psychologically, but tends to make me feel physically unwell, so I'm always ready to get back on the healthy side every Monday.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I don't call it cheat days..it's just a day in over...of course it's not everyday. It's a Lifestyle change not meant to be an 'in jail' change.

This is how I handle it. I almost always stay within my goals, and I eat pretty much whatever as long as it fits in my goals and macros. If I end up going over in calories because I go to a function or just feel like another serving of dinner, so be it. It's a rare occurrence and one day of going over every now and then is balanced out by the days I end up a bit under my goals (generally heavy exercise days where I'm just not hungry after dinner). If I weren't tracking my food, it would just be living normally.
  • rosemmcdowell
    rosemmcdowell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It definitely keeps me sane! Life is too short not to enjoy the things you like. :)