Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The struggle is real...

I've watched what I've eaten for the past couple of days and I've done waaaaaaay better than I was previously, but I've still gone over my goal. I'm having a hard time with feeling hungry still and not caving into temptation. Ugh, gotta stay strong.

Replies

• Mae0217
    Mae0217 Posts: 65 Member
    If you are just starting, allow yourself some time to get familiar with logging and what foods have a positive or negative impact on your goal. When I started, I set my goal at 1 pound per week. That allowed me to have more calories. I have found that more protein helped with the hunger issue. As I started to change what I ate and could stay within that calorie limit, I set my calories for 1-1/2 pounds per week. Baby steps... Caving into temptation will not help you reach your goal, sometimes you just need to say no to food. If you are really hungry, fruits or vegetables fill you up...
  • BEBR2014
    BEBR2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Trying to make a healthy choice when you are hungry is tough. Prepare a few ready made snacks for those times, then you can grab a container of veggies or cut fruit instead of the easily accessible chips, cookies, etc. I tend to go for sugary treats when I am "sooo hungry" and don't want to make something. The cravings do pass. And if you do cave into temptation, refocus on the next healthy meal/snack time and get back on track. You can do it!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    You might be cutting too much. Try even .5 lb per week, or logging for 1-2 weeks without any goal in particular, just to get used to Logging and establish baseline calories. Then start cutting gradually from there.
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    edited January 2016
    Eat lots and lots and LOTS of veggies, especially the green variety. Try adding a cup of broccoli and 2 cups of baby spinach/arugula to both lunch and dinner - keeps me full for hours and the additional calories from these inclusions are almost negligible. Just watch what you put on them (dressings etc.).e

I think not letting myself get hungry is half the struggle. The other half is eating for the sake of some taste I might want in that moment.... But that is another battle altogether. At least keeping hunger at bay is relatively easy!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You might be cutting too much. Try even .5 lb per week, or logging for 1-2 weeks without any goal in particular, just to get used to Logging and establish baseline calories. Then start cutting gradually from there.

This. If you're just getting started, it takes awhile for your body to adjust. Start small and keep the weight loss goals reasonable (usually 1 lb/week). Also, eat back some (up to half is usually recommended) of your exercise calories to fuel that.