Food variety checklist

zenalasca
zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
How do you fare on this food variety test? (http://www.nutritionaustralia.org/national/resource/food-variety)

As for me... This week I have had
Mandarin
Apple
Banana
Strawberry
Carrots
Chicken
Yogurt
Chocolate
Pecans
Margarine
Milk
Beetroot
Feta
Leafy greens
Lettuce
Peas
Capsicum
Corn
White bread

My Week
Day 1: Low fat yogurt with a spoonful of pb; chicken with feta salad, veg curry and beetroot feta salad; babka with chocolate fondue; mirage of Max Brenner sweets, hot chocolate, jelly beans, sugar, sugar sugar XD
Day 2: skipped breadkfast; giant truffle with marshmallows, banana, strawberries and chocolate fondue; chicken drumstick with veg and mashed potato; skinny cow ice cream sandwich, bits and pieces
Day 3: skipped breakfast; babka with chocolate fondue and hot chocolate; caesar salad wrap; skinny cow sandwich, Cadbury chocolate, sweets
Day 4: skipped breakfast; scone cafe style toast with yogurt; chobani yogurt; muesli bar, sweets
Day 5: skipped breakfast; scone cafe style toast with nutella and pb; spaghetti and salad; mandarins, chai latte, chocolate, cake
Day 6: skipped breakfast; scone cafe style toast with nutella and pb; spaghetti and coleslaw; chewing gum, chai latte
Day 7: skipped breakfast; cup a soup beef noodles; banana bread with chocolate fondue; sweets, cappuccino, jelly beans

That's 19 different foods, which is considered "poor." Part of the problem is I haven't been cooking and eat too much at work... But it doesn't look good to be eating sweets all the time and not gaining adequate protein and calcium... Hoping my diet can improve while I'm at mum's for the holidays :)