Best Places to Purchase Workout Clothes? *PLUS SIZE*

Options
Where has everyone found the best places to find PLUS SIZE 2x-3x workout clothes for a decent price? I don't want to spend too much since when I lose then i'll need better fitting as times goes on. Or does anyone sell theirs that no longer fit from here? Thank you

Replies

• Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Where has everyone found the best places to find PLUS SIZE 2x-3x workout clothes for a decent price? I don't want to spend too much since when I lose then i'll need better fitting as times goes on. Or does anyone sell theirs that no longer fit from here? Thank you

Depends on what you're looking for. When I first began working out I was wearing size 2x-3x I shopped at Walmart. Because I decided to do a lot of cardio I wanted to have a good sports bra with plenty of f support. I believe the brand Danskin tends to run larger with different styles so you can find the best one that fits for you. Hope this helps and good luck with your journey! :)
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Old Navy online is where I buy a lot of clothes. I believe the workout wear is on sale now.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Where in the world are you?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    when i was that size i wore leggings and t shirts or tank tops. stuff i either had or got at walmart (who generally has a decent and affordable selection). I still get stuff there lol

the danskin and avia brands are usually a good bet.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I seriously don't have specific workout clothes. I wear the $12 danskin stuff from Walmart and old t-shirts when I'm working out because I view workout clothes as clothes that you should be able to beat the heck out of and not care about.
  • Liss812
    Liss812 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in misses sizes, but Old Navy is where I get all of my activewear. They have a wide selection of plus size activewear, too. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    For large sizes and low cost, WalMart is great.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Another vote for Old Navy (online).
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Another vote for walmart and old navy.

Surprisingly, my workout clothes from Walmart have held up. I wore Danskin ballet items years ago but sometimes brands cheap out for a walmart brand and it's nice they didn't. They clearance them every season too (I never see much design difference but who cares anyway lol) so even less expensive. I paid 3 or 4 dollars for each shirt and yoga pants item I've gotten. Old Navy has well fitting durable items too.
  • firead
    firead Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Most of mine is Danskin from Walmart.
    Check their website & stores for clearance. You can often get the dri-fit shirts for around $6, especially if you're not really picky on color or style.
    I got a bunch of 4x NWT yoga/workout pants for $10 a pop on ebay last year, too.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Another vote for old Navy. They have crazy sizes, like petite maternity workout clothes, for those of us under 5' who want things looser around the tummy
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Costco.com generally has good quality workout clothing for a good price and a lot are offered in plus sizes online (not at the warehouse, though).

Their own brand (kirkland sig) is very affordable, and the namebrands they offer should be the lowest price you can find anywhere. Stock and namebrands offered are changed-up very often so it's best to consider everything offered as limited-time and to check back in for new stock every few weeks or so.

Some clothing are members-only items meaning you need to be a Costco member to purchase and/or to get the member price, but not everything available in the online store requires a membership.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The Walmart brand (Danskin) is really pretty decent.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Walmart and kohls!
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    If you like to shop online, the Just My Size line at hanes.com or walmart.com, or anything at roamans.com.
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like to order mine from Kohls.
  • trevvian
    trevvian Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chiming in on Walmart's Danskin brand. I am still wearing the $5 T-shirts I bought there 4 or 5 years ago.

They looked great for 2 of those years. Now they are too big and have finally started to fade, but they held up really well.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores. Goodwill, Salvation Army, St. Vincent's ...
    Garage sales.
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    JC penny have a good range