Red Lobster NSV!

Options
Today, I had a very small Breakfast & Lunch. We went to Red Lobster for Dinner and I had Coleslaw, Biscuits, Jumbo Coconut Shrimp, & I ORDERED the Cajun Chicken Linguini Alfredo. I am so, so very proud of myself today because not only did I count every calorie that went in my mouth at Red Lobster there at the dinner table on my phone. BUT, I noticed I didn't have enough calories to eat the Chicken Alfredo! You know what I did? I drank another glass of water and packed my Chicken Alfredo to go! I will have it for Lunch and/or Dinner tomorrow! I PACKED IT UP! I didn't force myself to eat it just because I ordered it! I am so very proud of myself. This is a huge NSV for me! Yay me! Hehe.:heart:

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV. That shows real self control and an awareness of how you would feel if you ate it and went over your calories. And now you get to enjoy Red Lobster two days in a row!!!
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV. That shows real self control and an awareness of how you would feel if you ate it and went over your calories. And now you get to enjoy Red Lobster two days in a row!!!

Two Days in a row FTW! I'm so happy that I'm actually developing self control. Squeee! LoL :bigsmile:
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    wtg!
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That's funny--I was thinking of posting about going to Chick Fil A yesterday and not getting the waffle fries--I just got a grilled sandwich with water! Good job--I think that it just gets easier once you've trained yourself! It's good to get over the "cleaning the plate" mentality....
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! I have no self control at Red Lobster. None whatsoever. So, I try to stay away, if at all possible. But you did FANTASTIC!!!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Good job don`t freak out though if you`re WAY heavy tomorrow on the scale. Red Lobster is packed with salt. Last time I went my meal alone was 4000 mg of sodium. I was up 7 lbs on the scale for 10 days due to water retention
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    That IS a good one, well done!
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good job don`t freak out though if you`re WAY heavy tomorrow on the scale. Red Lobster is packed with salt. Last time I went my meal alone was 4000 mg of sodium. I was up 7 lbs on the scale for 10 days due to water retention

Oh Noes! I will keep that in mind! I'm glad you mentioned or I'd probably be heartbroken if this happened to me.

Thank you all so much! :flowerforyou: I'm so glad to finally have the full determination to get on the healthy track in life.
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good job. Drink lots of water, helps to flush your system after a lot of salt.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yay you! That is something I like to do often too, and it really does work. Well done Chika!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Way to go; I love Red Lobster. :smile:

8488541.png
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Woo Hoo! thats so great! Its an awesome feeling when you realize that you can do without it and you dont actually want or need it!! Nice work!!
  • CrimsonNBlues
    CrimsonNBlues Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love these moments. I definitely have difficulty stopping eating if there is still food on my plate, so thanks for the great example. I will keep you in mind next time I am out to eat.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    very cool! IMO, weight loss is 99.9% mental state and you are gaining control!

Drink up that water stay away from the scale for a week! :drinker:
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A most excellent NSV indeed.
  • Mrskatie
    Mrskatie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! We went to RL this week, too, for my son's birthday. Usually for special occasions I will have a drink, or dessert (or both). I'm proud to say that not only did I have No drink, and No dessert, I also ordered a grilled fish and rice dish instead of fried stuff! Yay for small successes!!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Definitely a weakness of mine.
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    good work!
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    What does NSV stand for?
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    yummmm biscuts there are like the best thing ever

adn NSV is Non-scale-victory
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!