55lbs down, 45 to go (at least)

Options
MegsHutch90
MegsHutch90 Posts: 72 Member
edited January 2016 in Success Stories

Hello all! I've been a forum lurker for years, and all the success stories have been inspiring and keep me motivated; thank you!

My name is Meg. I'm 25, and have been obese all of my life, with a myriad of contributing, and some resultant, health issues. as Even so, I was decently active. Mid 2015, I noticed that I was slowing. I couldn't hike as far or work as hard. Time to change.

I've tried losing before- heck, I've been a member for years- and was never successful. So I sought out my doctor's help. Finally, I stuck to the plan they laid out for me, and now I am about what I weighed 9 years ago, mid high school!

I have a long way to go still. I'm hoping to hit Onederland by my 26th birthday in May, which is totally doable.

Thanks for reading! I needed to post as a self motivator, as I gained 3 pounds over the holidays. 3 might not seem to be a lot, but I've worked so hard and I am just disappointed in myself that I sacrificed that hard work for a few days of indulgences! But I know I have come far, and I am glad of that!
Top: Christmas 2015; 225lbs ish
Bottom: July 2015: 280lbs ish

6tiawtuibj2j.jpg
b1hetozf4ve5.jpg
kaevs4uctkpd.jpg

Replies

• ElbowCoude
    ElbowCoude Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've been in the same place as you, and the success stories keep me going! I started at 292 in July and hit 199 on Christmas Eve! You can do it! Your doing wonderful!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    YAY! Keep doing great!
  • plushieboo
    plushieboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! It's hard but you can do it!!!
  • ShyBloom
    ShyBloom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration! You are doing a great job and I hope you can reach all of your goals! :smile:
  • robertacjohnston
    robertacjohnston Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What you have achieved is amazing! Keep up the hard work! You can do it! It's a long, tough road but it's all worth it :smile:
  • MegsHutch90
    Options
    Thanks much :) being healthier- and working to get even more so- is more than worth it!
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You can do it! I gained 2lbs back over Christmas, but after just a week I have worked off those 2 and 2 more. You can't beat yourself up when you slip up. Just use it as a motivator to help push you forward! Good luck!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Nice job, keeping it going! :)
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Your hard work shows!
  • MegsHutch90
    Options
    Thanks much! Some days, it's hard for me to tell, but comparison pics helps for sure!
  • AllisonSmith254
    AllisonSmith254 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You have beautiful hair, by the way.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Great job! Wish you the best.
  • Kitty_Nikki
    Kitty_Nikki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ElbowCoude wrote: »
    Great job! I've been in the same place as you, and the success stories keep me going! I started at 292 in July and hit 199 on Christmas Eve! You can do it! Your doing wonderful!

This is really inspiring! That is a lot of weight for 6 months. Congrats.
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I've been a forum lurker for years, and all the success stories have been inspiring and keep me motivated; thank you!

My name is Meg. I'm 25, and have been obese all of my life, with a myriad of contributing, and some resultant, health issues. as Even so, I was decently active. Mid 2015, I noticed that I was slowing. I couldn't hike as far or work as hard. Time to change.

I've tried losing before- heck, I've been a member for years- and was never successful. So I sought out my doctor's help. Finally, I stuck to the plan they laid out for me, and now I am about what I weighed 9 years ago, mid high school!

I have a long way to go still. I'm hoping to hit Onederland by my 26th birthday in May, which is totally doable.

Thanks for reading! I needed to post as a self motivator, as I gained 3 pounds over the holidays. 3 might not seem to be a lot, but I've worked so hard and I am just disappointed in myself that I sacrificed that hard work for a few days of indulgences! But I know I have come far, and I am glad of that!
    Top: Christmas 2015; 225lbs ish
    Bottom: July 2015: 280lbs ish

6tiawtuibj2j.jpg
    b1hetozf4ve5.jpg
    kaevs4uctkpd.jpg

We have about the same to lose!! You look amazing keep up the great work!
  • MegsHutch90
    Options
    Great Job! You have beautiful hair, by the way.

Haha thanks! :)
  • Petite120
    Petite120 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    wow, excellent work! keep it up :)
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep doing what you're doing! ;)
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    @MegsHutch90, thank you! :) You look wonderful and you're doing such a great job. Keep it up and keep pushing. :)
  • kingvix
    kingvix Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep going x
  • MegsHutch90
    Options
    Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!